Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one and payment decline

tag
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Credit one and payment decline

I log in to credit one to pay off my balance and it gives me a message that says" you have made 4 payments in 30 days we are unable to take your payment"
I have never knew of a card that you can't make a over a certain number of payments in general. Anyone else have this problems? Is there a way around it?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit one and payment decline

We run into that fairly frequently here, although it usually doesn't happen if people still owe part of their statement balance. Was your previous statement balance paid in full?

You have the option of pushing a payment from your bank. If you don't know how to do that, ask, and someone can fill you in.

Message 2 of 7
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

No, it wasn't paid in full. I paid all but $50. Which is what I was trying to pay now. I was over credit limit so I made several payments this month to get it back positive.
It's not due until sometime next month, but I believe credit one incurrs interest daily?
Message 3 of 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

It just depends on your T&C if credit one charges daily.

For my Cred 1 account, as long as I have no balance on the statement closing date. I will not be charged any interest for purchases.

Always push payments with credit one. Always. They have that annoying 7 day lag, but if you push no chance for any kind of problems and they credit the very next day to your account.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 7
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Can you please tell me how to push payments?  I have been paying the debit card payment fee for the last 3 months to avoid the 7 day wait.  I only make 1 payment a month but if I could avoid the extra $10.00 charge that will be great.

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kieawrote:

Can you please tell me how to push payments?  I have been paying the debit card payment fee for the last 3 months to avoid the 7 day wait.  I only make 1 payment a month but if I could avoid the extra $10.00 charge that will be great.

You can do bill payments from your bank, this is called "pushing" the payment.

Just login to your bank checking account, find the billpay function and schedule the payment. This is how my Discover checking's billpay looks like:

discover-chk-bp.png

If you need to set up a new payee, your bank usually allows you to search by the name of creditor, and if that creditor exists in their system, it's usually possible to do an electronic payment through your bank (for example, I searched "Barclay", and "Barclaycard" shows up in their system, so you don't have to type the full name, just the partial will be fine). The account number for a credit card is your card number.

discover-chk-bp-payee.png

Message 6 of 7
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Okay great.  I will give it a try.  Thank you for that

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.