Not applicable

Re: Credit one bank CLOSED!

Thanks everyone! It feels amazing!
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

What's the number you called to cancel your card?
Did they give you a hard time closing your account?
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 (877) 825-3242 There's no option to close your account in the prompts. I just chose Lost or report stolen card and spoke with a rep who then transferred me to an acct rep. No it was not difficult. Just stand your ground and politely tell them you wish to close your acct and make sure they will send you a letter confirming acct closure.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great for you....I can remember calling Credit One to close my account and they offered me a lower rate(for six months also) and blah...blah..blah. I just told  them that I no longer had a use for their high rates and fees and said bye...and hung up(politely).

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I absolutely hate them. I had an attitude from the start. Speaking with someone foreign with a language barrier ugh!. But i remained calm and got my acct closed.
Message 16 of 21
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am happy to announce I have just closed my CreditOne bank card account. Best day EVER! *happy dance* of course they offered me a lower interest rate BUT for only 6months. I respectfully declined. Lol happy cutting to me! :-)

Good and CONGRATS. They are the poison in the consumer credit world! Also Fees Premiere. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Excellent choice!

Message 18 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I saw something very strange... when I tried the prequalifier for Credit One...

They offered me a card at 24% with a actual grace period... Like a real card.....

I didnt need that crud but I found it fascinating.....

-J

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.