Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one bank, pay for CLI???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one bank, pay for CLI???

@gsx60trim wrote:

I have a credit one bank card that ive had for a few years now.  Slowly working on my credit, however they are offering $150 CLI for $24.95.  Is this a smart move?  Seems slightly shady.  Thanks for any help.

This is my advice if you have not done so yet.  Hope on a plane to Oslow, Norway.  Take a cab to the National Gallery.  Study carefully Edward Munch's "The Scream".  Now, you can make your decision on what is the correct path you should take.

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have another card, apply for one with ANYBODY else. CapOne has a decent secured card, if that is all you can get. After you get another card, close this one. You're spending too much in ancillary fees because CreditOne is a predatory company. 

Message 12 of 54
princessminor
Contributor

I can't.  It will mess up my score, no?  I also have a balance.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@princessminor wrote:

Balance transfer.

Message 14 of 54
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@princessminor wrote:

1. What are your other cards? Limits?

2. How much do you have in balance on this and other cards?

Closing Credit One (or any other card) won't drop your account age.

Your utilization may go up but given credit one's limits, only slightly.

Pay down your credit one balance. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT charge anything on that card. Ever. Then close that card. And any First Premier cards that you might have along with it.

Look at my signature. More than half the cards there I got with a score like yours. If I could do it, so can you. Give us your other cards and we can tell you which cards you should target from now on.

Message 15 of 54
princessminor
Contributor

My other card limits are any where from $500 cap one to Discover $6,000.    My balances are all except 2 around 90% util.  I know its' bad and I didn't grasp that until I joined this forum.  I'm working on getting them down, but it will be a long time before I do.  I have 19 or 23 with balances.

Message 16 of 54
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 17 of 54
icyhot
Valued Contributor

If you've had it 3 years surely you've built your credit enough to where you don't need them. Let them go. I got suckered into applying for one of their cards, saw how bad they were from the reviews and closed it before even activating. It never reported either.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 18 of 54
princessminor
Contributor

I'm just chicken to close any accounts.  I'll pay it off and then won't use it only every 6 mths.

Message 19 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id just close it. You are negating any discover rewards you get with what you pay for this piece of excrement card.
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.