Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one cli

I've read so many negative things about credit one bank. I got the card just about a month and a half ago to help rebuild after my bk; I can't complain about them yet. They do charge an annual fee, 35 in my case but they have been a pleasure to work with thus far. The only other card I had when I applied was a secured visa from my local credit union. I was approved for 500 in late may and charged probably 200 when my first statement cut. I paid it off and charged another 350 while on vacation. I called a rep to notify them that a few charges may go thru while I was out of town (they do use out of country call centers) but they made a note on the account and I had no issue. 2nd statement cut and I was given a auto cli to 700. I plan to pay off my current balance and use no more than 30% of the cl, but overall so far, no issue. Payments do take a few days to show on the available credit but that's no big deal for me as I don't live off the card. I'm hoping their reporting will help build my credit again and I move on to bigger and better, however they seem to be a decent "fixer upper" credit card company.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one cli

I have been hearing that Credit One has changed their terms to be more appeasing.  I had the card when fee was 79 first year and 99 after billed monthly. I still think determining whether someone has a grace period  based on  their credit score is wrong.  Hopefully your account has a grace period and you read the terms and conditions before you applied.  If you like your card that's great but I still think there are better ones out there for people rebuilding their credit and I will reccommend those with better terms than Credit One. 

Message 2 of 5
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

I used them to build up my credit: never missed a payment for eight years. Annual fee for that type of card is shameful, plus high interest. What's unbelievable is the "credit limit increase for a fee! And, they have a ceiling limit on the card ($2475 for me). As soon as I got higher limits on other cards, time to go bye-bye. They serve a purpose, just keep looking for better offers, and grow your pofile. Good luck!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess Credit One is fine for those who can't qualify for Capital One Platinum or whatever their subprime credit cards are. It's disadvantageous to have no credit or bad credit because it literally cost money to build credit. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get me wrong, once the Credit situation is better I will definitely be leaving, however at the moment, it seems to be ok. Other than Cap 1, what other rebuilds could anyone recommend? I hope to be back on track soon. I miss my good credit, which I had to abandon due to job loss.

Thanks in advance! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.