Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one closed

tag
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Credit one closed

I guess I was one of the few who made off pretty well with credit one.

I called yesterday to close after having the card for 9 months and getting one CLI from 300 to 400 dollars. Instead of closing he gave me back my annual fee.

Today I called and spoke to a US rep where I tried to get a CLI but no dice, so I asked him to close it, which he did and he says I'll get a check for the positive balance on the card! This is my first positive closed card!

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit one closed

CONGRATS on making 1 of the best credit decisions in your journey!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good riddance...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOO HOO CARTWHEEL, CONGRATS!

you have some great cards now in your lineup too! I am debating closing mine, my plan was to wait until next march before annual fee hits.... but now when i was applying for chase IHG the woman brought up the card and its limit. I know it would still show up on my report but I am thinking in terms of cards that are active, I need this one taken away!

Message 5 of 10
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Nice move.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! I never owned this card, but I have read a lot of negative things about the company. I'm glad you had a positive experience with them. Most people do what you did. After rebuilding, it's normal to close subprime credit cards. Keep up the good work!!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Adorable picture!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK..this post gives me a lot of courage to close my credit one. Only hitch is that it's one of my 8 months old (I've a 10 month history) card. Started at 300 and went to 500 after 6 months. Asked for CLI this month and got the standard response "you've not completed a year"...they wouldn't allow a second card (only one card per individual !!) but keep sending me offers for other cards.

Will gather enough courage to close it soon..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.