Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one outstanding balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one outstanding balance

I pre qualified for the credit one Visa a while ago. I eventually applied and got approved for 300 .I accepted the offer and waited for the card that never came. I got a letter about 2 months later saying they needed more information to prove my identity and asked me to send in more info by fax or mail, if the information wasn't sent by a certain date they would close the app.i had already decided I didn't want the card by then and just never sent anything in. For the heck of it I decided to pre qualifi just to see if I would get a higher limit this time and I was denied the reason was.. You have a closed account with an outstanding balance with credit one.. How is this possible if I never even received a card and never opened the account. I try to call them and I can't get anyone in the phone and when I do they keep asking me for my account number. I tell them I don't have one because I never opened the account.. they don't speak English and simply repeated asking for account number and then hang up. What can I do about this. Please help
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one outstanding balance

File a complaint through CFPB and BBB
Message 2 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

If you can get thru to their CS in Las Vegas you can probably get it worked out.. their in house people seem to be decent, but the frontline call center is horrible. Call their # and ask for the collections dept, hopefully they can transfer you to the US people
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got someone on the phone (not fluent English speaking) and told him the situation. He says he sees the account was closed by the bank and I have a balanced of 75 dollars for the annual fee, and asked how I would like to pay it. After politely explaining to him a second time that I never opened the account and never received a card to have an annual fee for. He says the fee has been requested to be waved and to call back in 72 hours to see if it is approved. And that the account might be opened back up at anytime in the future if the bank decides to. I somehow contained my anger to let him know again for the 3rd time. I never opened the account to begin with so there shouldn't be a fee for anything and the account should never be opened in the future because I never consented for it to be open in the first place. I then asked why the account was closed by the bank. He says the bank was unable to verify my identity due to lack of information. So I ask why then did they open an account in my name without my consent if they didn't even know if I was real. He proceeded to repeat check back in 72 hours and then hung up. This is the absolute worst company to deal with
Message 4 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Send a letter line Breezy said, asking Credit1to correct the situation within 30 days, otherwise you will file a complaint. 

Also, you may consider sending the E.O. an email and cc'ing the CFPB and BB explaining the situation.  I once got a collection agency to back down from trying to collect an uncollectable debt from me. 

Bottom line, don't play with fire, credit1, first premiere, if you don't want to get burned! 🔥

I'm sure it'll all work out! Best credit wishes to you. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.