Did you mean: 

Credit one pre approved letter in mail help

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit one pre approved letter in mail help

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Today i got a letter in the mail from Credit One Bank. A pre-approved letter for up to $1,500 credit limit. ($300 min)

$0 enrollment fee, $0 over limit fees. 23.90% fee (yes i know this is high but ihave been slowly climbing back up the credit score)

$75 first year $99 after (billed at $8.25 a month)  plus $19 annuually for auth. user.

Offer expires Aug/2014.

I have never had a card with them. Currently have a few through comenity and 1 secured card through cap.one.

653 score (checked with TU a week ago)

Only info it is asking for is my birthday, full social #, phone #, annual income

Another credit line would be helpful and even better as it is not a store card or secured card however i do not want to be denied.

If anyone has receieved the same letter and "did" apply, i would love to know if you were actually pre-approved and you recieved a card. Also credit limit (if you dont mind sharing)

Thank you

I would wait a few months and see if you get your score over 700 or so... As long as you have no baddies and no BK You could get Better cards from Bigger known banks. After a year with the Secured card i would see if you can get it changed to a regular card maybe with an AF like the Quicksilver one card or their other AF cards or maybe even one without 

Personally I find it funny that after I got accepted for my first credit card last year in June with my Discover card I started to get Pre-qualified offers from places like Credit one and fist Premier credit cards. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 12
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit one pre approved letter in mail help

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences, it really does help.

I have 1 judgement on my report. My daughter old medical bill that is 6k. (hospital never went through my insurance) I am hoping to save and offer a settlement. (they gave me a settlement offer in the past but i didn't have the funds to pay it)

Other then that, all i have is my credit cards. All of which are paid 100% on time. 30% usage is my max.

Most of my cards are store cards which is why i am back and forth with this card. Having a unsecured- use anywhere card would be great if i am somewhere and need it.

Also debating on taking it and dumping them before 1 year, but still have no idea lol Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.