Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one

I was just approved Smiley Surprised
Anyone that has this please let me know how it is (positive of negative)
Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit one

I applied and was approved in August. This was my first CC in 7 yrs. Other than the fees ($70-$80 your first month), its not too bad. I was approved for $200 and received an auto CLI to $300 after my first payment. This is a stepping stone for cards I have received since.

Congrats by the way.

Message Edited by llecs on 11-08-2007 03:20 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you have online banking or send the check as soon as the statement cuts- as they charge for online and phone payments.

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just approved Smiley Surprised
Anyone that has this please let me know how it is (positive of negative)
Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit one card.  So far I like it.  I was approved a $250 credit limit and upon making my first payment (which I payed in full) my CL increased to $400.  I've only had the card a couple of months so far.

You can go online and upload your favorite picture and have it put on the card (which I thought was cool).  Also, you can pay your bills to them online (for a fee)  It sucks that they charge you an annual fee in monthly installments.  I've also been told that you can't just cancel the card anytime you wish because of this.  You have to either pay it up (the remaining annual fee) to cancel or wait until around the time when your new (monthly) annual fee is due.

I actually made a phone call to them to see if I could get an authorized user added to my account.  Got a very nice and helpfull gentleman on the phone.  He said that he would have to send paperwork to me to fill out.  The paperwork ended up being for a "joint" applicant.  I guess they don't really have authorized users??
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had that one last year, but cancelled it before opening due to the $69 AF, $69 activation fee and CL of $250.

They sent a solicitation to me a few weeks ago saying they wanted me back  and offered $2000 CL at 18.9%. Got it. Same monthly AF, but no activation fee (!)

Will PIF since that is now the highest APR card (just a year ago that would have been the lowest rated card).

I will use my CU's free bill pay instead of paying the stupid and unnecessary $5.95 online payment fee.

If you have this account, just watch it like a hawk, and pay it as soon as you get your statement. Don't wait.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Credit One Visa right now with a limit of 200 dollars. I just made a payment of 190 dollars and they are floating it out there (having already received it) without applying it back to my credit. They have it on hold, probably to make some money off of it. I dont like this at all. If I have paid my bill then they should apply the money to my credit. I paid through their site and got charged the fee. Next time, I will pay them through my online banking or mail it off. I should ask them for a credit limit increase soon since they have given me the lowest limit out of my 6 credit cards. I will hold onto the card for awhile to build up my new positive credit history. Any tips from anyone when the appropriate time to ask them for a credit limit increase??? Message Edited by landocalrissian on 11-08-2007 09:41 AM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 11-08-2007 09:42 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.