Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
ap84
Regular Contributor

Credit one

I opened my credit one account about a year ago..fast forward to today capital x2 cards and I have a Wells Fargo cash back cards has given me so much love,  not to mention my comendity bank cards. I called credit one to see if I could get a cli and they said that they would charge me $34 for a $150 increase.. Smh would it hurt my credit ti close the account? 

Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one

according to what I read on this forum, it will still report for 10 years after closing the account, so I think it's safe to say go ahead and close it.

Message 2 of 12
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

close it as long as it wont hurt your utilization, it will show as closed by consumer and remain on your report for upto 10 yrs- it can drop off before but usually stays for long time

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ap84 wrote:

I opened my credit one account about a year ago..fast forward to today capital x2 cards and I have a Wells Fargo cash back cards has given me so much love,  not to mention my comendity bank cards. I called credit one to see if I could get a cli and they said that they would charge me $34 for a $150 increase.. Smh would it hurt my credit ti close the account? 

Close it. Show em you mean business.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez that does not even make sense.  If you have had it for a year, just close it.  I am sure the utilization will not matter sine they hand out small limits anyways.  

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a little more info.

What are your other accounts and account limits? When were they opened?

What is your Credit One limit? When was it opened?

Why do you have a 500 score on one bureau and 600's on the others?

It may not be wise to do anything yet until your scores go up. That score in the 500's is concerning unless you are waiting for some changes to update.

Message 6 of 12
ap84
Regular Contributor

I have 24 credit cards on all. My oldest was opened 5 years ago. All are most recent as within the past 12 months. I opened credit one 12 months ago. I don't know why my credit scores are not all in the 600's probably because there are different ways that my collection accounts are reporting. I have a total of 18k in revolving debt and I am currently at 20 percent utilization.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ap84 wrote:
I have 24 credit cards on all. My oldest was opened 5 years ago. All are most recent as within the past 12 months. I opened credit one 12 months ago. I don't know why my credit scores are not all in the 600's probably because there are different ways that my collection accounts are reporting. I have a total of 18k in revolving debt and I am currently at 20 percent utilization.

That tiny CreditOne card will hardly put a dent in your utilization then. Close it and don't look back.

Message 8 of 12
ap84
Regular Contributor

Will it count against my AAoa

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ap84 wrote:
Will it count against my AAoa

No. The account will stay on reports for 10 years

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.