Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Credit one

how have they managed as a credit card to not gone to chip yet?! All my cards have them even my debit cards? And they aren't even accepted on Apple Pay. I closed them out, but I just chuckle at them. 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit one

They're subprime. Probably don't have the money to go to chip.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:

how have they managed as a credit card to not gone to chip yet?! All my cards have them even my debit cards? And they aren't even accepted on Apple Pay. I closed them out, but I just chuckle at them. 

Well, yeah. You're asking a lot of a credit card that's barely a credit card.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:

Their main goal is to make money - Lots of money.  They can't afford to bothered with what you mention you know..

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, considering all the money they make on AFs and other fees from largely uninformed people, they probably think they can take the liability for fraudulent transactions.

... You know, if they actually do claim liability for fraudulent transactions.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:

I know it's not what you asked, but the key part of your statement is that you closed them. Well done.

Message 6 of 12
vayub4
Regular Contributor

Discover has not sent me a chip card yet.... Same with capital one(QuickSilver)

Discover IT $25,500 Chase Freedom $14,500 CapOne QuickSilver $10,000 Walmart Mastercard $10,000 PayPal Xtras Mastercard $10,000 JCP $7,500 BOA Cash Rewards $6,900 OldNavy Visa $5,000 BarclayCard $3,700 Macys $3,500 HH Gregg $3,500 BestBuy $2,000 Last APP June/2016(useless rental apartment)Inquiries: Trans/7 Exp/16 Eqi/27
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted discover about that yesterday vayub. I was just curious and they responded that they would send me a chip card in 4-6 business days. So if it matters to you just shoot them an email. As for creditone they told me they would have chip cards shortly.

Message 8 of 12
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Capital One just sent me a notice that my new chipped card is on it's way so be on the look out I believe they are coming soon.

Message 9 of 12
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@Aprile421 wrote:

Capital One just sent me a notice that my new chipped card is on it's way so be on the look out I believe they are coming soon.

This is the first I've heard of Capital One sending chipped cards without asking for a replacement. Good to know. Not in a rush to get it or anything, just curious.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.