Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Credit one

Finally closed this crappy card. The phone rep was extremely hard to understand, and made offer after offer to retain me. But I still declined and closed. She was upset pretty much hung up on me lol. Now time to burn this card !
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit one

Good for you onward and upward!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 2 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The CSR was upset and hung up on you, Well that's pretty much all you need to know about that piece of garbage card. Good for you, it did it's job but now it's time to move on to greener pastures, Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called to cancel mine and they offered me account credit worth $50. So i took it, it's credited already and now I'll wait a couple weeks and call and cancel for real lol
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:
Finally closed this crappy card. The phone rep was extremely hard to understand, and made offer after offer to retain me. But I still declined and closed. She was upset pretty much hung up on me lol. Now time to burn this card !

That's exactly how mine went, I had to cut her off to ask for a letter confirming the closure right before she hung up. Onto bigger and better things! 🎉🎊

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted the credit first lol now I'll close. If they offer mgs credit again I'll take it lol then close
Message 7 of 15
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Yep, I wasn't interested in the waived monthly fee, or to be credited a measly $16 bucks. She said take you and your gf out to eat. Ummm, $16 bucks won't cut it lol. She tried to waive the annual fee, I still declined. She then turned angry and said its closed as of today, and got silent. I asked for a confirmation number, she reluctantly gave me that. Next, she said is that ALL you want and was about to hang up, I said no. I want a letter of confirmation as well, she said I would get it in 7-10 days, then before I could kindly thank her, I heard the dial tone, she hung up on me lol. It's been long over due, card has met my needs years ago. 

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got $70 credit. Worth it to me Iol
Message 9 of 15
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Yeah, $70 isn't bad. I think I would have still declined. All they wanted to give me $16 lol

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.