Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit pulls

How long do creditor pulls stay on your credit report? I have ALOT of them due to car shopping and it looks HORRIBLE on my CR when I pulled it the other day to see where I stood..Any and all comments are welcomed Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit pulls

They fall off at 2 years, but the impact of them is lessened after 6 months, then again at 12.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If you apply for a credit card and get declined. You can call and explain to them that you were car shopping. Auto loan INQ's are supposed to be grouped into 1 INQ if they were done close together.

They stay on your report for 2 years.
They have an impact for 1 year, but the biggest impact is within the last 6 months. So after 6 months they are generally ignored for credit card apps.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I can't wait for them to fall off..its awful to look at and I'm sure for a creditor to see as well

Message 4 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great! I can't wait for them to fall off..its awful to look at and I'm sure for a creditor to see as well

It actually isn't so bad. Creditors understand that you want to shop for the best rate on an auto loan. It's much worse when you have a bunch of INQ's from credit card apps.

Don't worry too much about it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have't app in about 2 years (cc's) so I started app'ing just within this last couple of weeks and got paranoid because I act on impulse when I do...almost like a kid in a candy store. So I am DONE for another 2 years (or more) and so I wanted to see what kinda damage I have already done then I noticed the inq's so I was just wondering. This credit "game" is so confusing for me at times..You have too much credit (whether you carry a balance or not) is bad and when you don't hardly have ANY credit its still bad because it shows no history of good payments..I'm still learning and maybe one day I'll be a pro like the rest of you on here Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.