cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report fixed, should I ask for a CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report fixed, should I ask for a CLI?

I was on my parents credit card as an authorized user when I was 17. They ended up maxing out that card and missed a payment. I was taken off as an authorized user I asked why I was denied and they said accounts paid as agreed and something about credit limits. I contacted the EQ, TU, EX and they had that removed by the end of the day. I have a BOA Cash Reward student card with a CL of $1,000 which was July/31st this year, Old Navy with a CL of $300 08/1st this year and Discover Chrome student with a CL of $1,000 08/24th. I was hired for a 2nd job about a week after that and my income should be about $30,000 this upcoming year. I have a year of credit history even though I just turned 18 in July (student loan from the governement last August). I want to increase the BOA card to $2,000 and Dsicover to $1,500. How long should I wait? Would it be a HP or SP? I really don't want anymore HP because i'm applying for a student loan next August.

Scores : EQ:682 EX: 702 TU:699 as of 08/31/14

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit report fixed, should I ask for a CLI?

BoA will almost certainly be hard pull on TU, I've had good results every 6 months, but I've always had to give a hard pull for it.  They usually double my limit (I ask for a lot and they automaticalloy counter).  Discover can go either way, but I think some people were getting increases after 3-4 months.  Discover has never given me a CLI and I'm not willing to give them a hard pull, but I'm always adding tons of new accts so I can't blame them either.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw dang it. I wish it wasn't a HP. Might have to hold off awhile then Smiley Sad 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah hold off for now. I would

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.