cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit reports says There are not enough premium bankcard accounts on your credit report

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit reports says There are not enough premium bankcard accounts on your credit report

Cheddar:

Much appreciated.  I just want enough points to either pay for a flight to FL (for a cruise) or to take my mother to NYC before she gets too old to still enjoy it (she's 71 and LOVES NYC).  They only gave me an initial limit of 1k, so it's going to be tough unless I keep doing what I'm doing -- charging about 700/mo and PIF each month.  It's been kind of a fun quest to go around a see who takes AMEX.  Now that I'm driving a car that only gets around 20mpg I'm making a lot of gas purchases on that card. 

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit reports says There are not enough premium bankcard accounts on your credit report

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Cheddar:

Much appreciated.  I just want enough points to either pay for a flight to FL (for a cruise) or to take my mother to NYC before she gets too old to still enjoy it (she's 71 and LOVES NYC).  They only gave me an initial limit of 1k, so it's going to be tough unless I keep doing what I'm doing -- charging about 700/mo and PIF each month.  It's been kind of a fun quest to go around a see who takes AMEX.  Now that I'm driving a car that only gets around 20mpg I'm making a lot of gas purchases on that card. 

Smiley Happy

Believe me, I feel your pain.  I want to earn enough miles to cash them in before I eventually "product change" this card to something else, but in the meantime I've been using it for everything I can get double miles for.  Groceries, gas, my and STBDW's cell phones, etc etc.  I'm racking up the miles pretty quickly.

I also still have my initial $1K CL, which has been a real pain.  I've been charging around $1500-2000 a month, paying it off weekly so I'm never over 25-30% util.

I plan to pull my scores on 1/1.  If EX still looks good, I'm going to ask for my first CLI on this card.  I'm hoping the fact that I've been pumping so much money through it will send the big hint that I need a CLI pronto. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by cheddar on 12-30-2007 10:41 PM
Message 42 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Cheddar --

When did you get yours?  I rec'd mine in August 07 and I'm too scared to ask for a CLI (lol).  I've had really bad experiences with that, actually.  Oddly enough my Union Plus Mastercard gave me CLIs on a regular basis until I hit 4600 (ties my highest CLI ever on a CC) and then stopped..  nothin!  Of course, I'm sure they noticed it stayed maxxed out for a very long time.

Glad to see I'm not the only one making more than one or two payments a month per CC.   Time to play the game I guess.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Cheddar --

When did you get yours?  I rec'd mine in August 07 and I'm too scared to ask for a CLI (lol).  I've had really bad experiences with that, actually.  Oddly enough my Union Plus Mastercard gave me CLIs on a regular basis until I hit 4600 (ties my highest CLI ever on a CC) and then stopped..  nothin!  Of course, I'm sure they noticed it stayed maxxed out for a very long time.

Glad to see I'm not the only one making more than one or two payments a month per CC.   Time to play the game I guess.

Peas,

I've only had mine since November. Smiley Tongue

Amex allows you to request a CLI after 30 days of opening the account, then there is a 6 month wait between subsequent CLIs.

I was going to wait until March or so, but this low CL is annoying me too much to wait that long.  My EX score is up about 55 points since I got this card, so I'm hoping they'll show me a little love when I ask them in a couple of days.

The worst they can do is say no...

...or F/R me. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by cheddar on 12-30-2007 11:11 PM
Message 44 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

I've only had mine since November. Smiley Tongue

Amex allows you to request a CLI after 30 days of opening the account, then there is a 6 month wait between subsequent CLIs.

I was going to wait until March or so, but this low CL is annoying me too much to wait that long.  My EX score is up about 55 points since I got this card, so I'm hoping they'll show me a little love when I ask them in a couple of days.

The worst they can do is say no...

...or F/R me. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by cheddar on 12-30-2007 11:11 PM

Wow!  I'm so on the phone with them tomorrow.  I can't handle anyone else pulling EQ, and last time Amex pulled EXP (or maybe they always do, sounds familiar).  My balance with them is currently...  eight dollars and 40 cents.  One trip through Starbucks for a latte for me and a white mocha as a reward for one of my student council students who brought the most boxtops4education!  I'll just try and convince AMEX I want to use their card to buy flooring for my house from Home Depot.  (I just won't tell them I've applied for the HD Mastercard -- which is iffy at the moment.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 45 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!  And please post back and let us know how it went.

Message 46 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely, will do.  (Is it pathetic to set an alarm so I get up early and call first thing in the morning?)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 47 of 55
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Ahhhh, no fair!  I wanna Amex - Delta card..... :-( waaaahhhh!!  I'm paying off my cc's asap.

TU: 711
EQ: 689
EX: 721
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 48 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

I hit the 'luv button' about 10 minutes ago and.....

got the 7-10 days message.  Oh well, we'll see!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 49 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

cheddar wrote:

I hit the 'luv button' about 10 minutes ago and.....

got the 7-10 days message.  Oh well, we'll see!

Not to sound pessimistic...but with Amex the 7-10 days message usually means it's a no-go. Smiley Sad

How much did you ask for?

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.