cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score boost by becoming an additional card user?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score boost by becoming an additional card user?

Does one get a boost in their credit score by being added as an additional card user on the credit card account of someone with a very good payment history?

For an account holder in good standing, is the issuance of the card essentially automatic upon their request?

Or when being added on as an additional card user, does the issuer run a credit check on the new user? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score boost by becoming an additional card user?

I too am interested in the answer to this question.  I am in this situation and have had a card under someone else's name for 4 years and it has never showed up on my credit report. 
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit score boost by becoming an additional card user?

NewHomeBuyer wrote:
Does one get a boost in their credit score by being added as an additional card user on the credit card account of someone with a very good payment history?

For an account holder in good standing, is the issuance of the card essentially automatic upon their request?

Or when being added on as an additional card user, does the issuer run a credit check on the new user? 

http://credit.com/credit_information/credit_report/Consumer-Alert-FICO-Formula-Changes.jsp
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.