cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score requirement for Southwest Rewards?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit score requirement for Southwest Rewards?

In that case, definitely wait until you've taken care of the mortgage.
Message 11 of 17
Blake2891
Valued Member

My son is 18, college student, work PT as a file clerk at a law firm, make 24,000.00 a year with a CS of 654 and was approved for $5000.00 from Chase for the SW card this morning.

My score is 600, 55K a year and I was denied.  Go figure.

Message 12 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Blake2891 wrote:

My son is 18, college student, work PT as a file clerk at a law firm, make 24,000.00 a year with a CS of 654 and was approved for $5000.00 from Chase for the SW card this morning.

My score is 600, 55K a year and I was denied.  Go figure.

does he have a history with Chase?

Message 13 of 17
Blake2891
Valued Member

NO history at all with Chase.

Message 14 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would guess the reason for denial would be whatever making your CS so low. Baddies, util?
Message 15 of 17
mattymo
Established Member

Ok, so even after three recon attempts with Chase, I was denied for their Southwest card. They said it was due to recent baddies as of 2012 and although I had taken steps to improve my credit since then, it wasn't sufficient. MyFico lists my score as 667. All my accounts DofD are almost 7 years ago, but the most recent dates are marked as last year due to me settling those accounts. I have 2 secured cards, a Barclays card, a mortgage and an auto loan. They say installment accounts carry little weight when the make their decision. 

Does anyone have any input on how to proceed? It seems like I may need more credit cards added to my file but I don't want to mess up my report with even more inquiries than I already have. Any advice?

Message 16 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Recent baddies -due to settlement and installment history are hard to overcome with Chase. My suggestion would be to GW those settled accounts and get some age on your Barclays cc.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.