Did you mean: 

Credit union card membership

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit union card membership

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.acuonline.org/home/products/credit

No AF and no foreign transaction fees! That hit my sweet spot. It is 1 of 2 credit goals I have left for myself (that and upgrading my Freedom to a Siggy next year for the concierge service). But I should stay in the garden for awhile.

Does anyone know if they do a HP or SP to join, and which CRA they use?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like they pull Equifax. I checked the credit pulls database.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

Usually you qualify for joining a CU based on where you live, so you would probably be eligible to join local CUs. If you're in a different geographic area, that's when you usually have to find another way to qualify.

I see. The ones where I am now are not so great and unfortunately I am in the part of my career which requires me to move around. I think once I am settled in a couple years it will be good to look into the local CUs.

Message 13 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like they pull Equifax. I checked the credit pulls database.

Yea their a negative for me for a least a year then!! Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

A local CU is your best bet.  I recently joined a local one 2 weeks ago and all they required was opening a savings account for $5 to become a member. I also opened a checking with no minimum balance or montly fees!  Only a soft inquiry on EQ to open.

A lot of CU's now allow anyone who works or lives in the same county as the CU.  I researced the rates on several and decided on this one.  Great card APR's and balance transfer rates.  good luck!

Message 15 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A local CU is your best bet.  I recently joined a local one 2 weeks ago and all they required was opening a savings account for $5 to become a member. I also opened a checking with no minimum balance or montly fees!  Only a soft inquiry on EQ to open.

A lot of CU's now allow anyone who works or lives in the same county as the CU.  I researced the rates on several and decided on this one.  Great card APR's and balance transfer rates.  good luck!

What CU is this that you joined?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.