Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit union cards???

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit union cards???

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I was just wanting to dump some of my sub prime cards in a year or so .....

Getting a card from a credit union ...(fairwinds is in my area)  Are they easier to get as in unsecured cards if you are not a member ....

How are they usually with APR's   with BK reporting??? will it improve my FICO scores??

Just wondering if getting one of these hopefully with a 5000 limit or so would be better than my Cap one with 2000CL and some of my other sub 1000 cl 's

please chime in

thanks

Try Martin FCU is a very good credit union, Try PenFed is very good also.
Message 21 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Getting a card from a credit union ...(fairwinds is in my area)  Are they easier to get as in unsecured cards if you are not a member ....

How are they usually with APR's   with BK reporting??? will it improve my FICO scores??

Just wondering if getting one of these hopefully with a 5000 limit or so would be better than my Cap one with 2000CL and some of my other sub 1000 cl 's

please chime in

thanks

+1 for PenFed

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 41
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

please chime in

thanks

+1 for PenFed

For these other CU that are not in my area ....what do I need to sign up?

Message 23 of 41
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

please chime in

thanks

+1 for PenFed

I do not believe PenFed is BK friendly for CCs.  Alliant is though.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

please chime in

thanks

I'd definitely consider them and apply for credit when you feel it's right for you. Speak with a loan officer if you need too.

Message 25 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

please chime in

thanks

+1 for PenFed

He could get in as a member and bank for awhile until the BK drops then go for it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 41
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

please chime in

thanks

+1 for PenFed

He could get in as a member and bank for awhile until the BK drops then go for it.

Very true, though I was under the impression that his timeline was a little more aggressive so he can get rid of the toy cards.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 27 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@visor I believe that is his goal but the reality is the BK is twarting any real attempt at prime cards for him at this time. Better to plan out your future moves while INQ's are gone and BK is off so a new slate is there for him.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

We recently attempted to join a local CU.  I say "attempted" because although we completed all the required paperwork and included copies of W2 info, FICO reports from Equifax and Transunion, pay records and our housing agreement -- we STILL don't know if we are members of this CU.  We got an alert yesterday from our USAA CMS telling us that they pulled the CR from Experian.   Trying to join this CU has been quite a process!  Hopefully, we will hear something back from them pretty soon.  We haven't even talked about opening a savings, checking or any credit products yet!!!   Even joining PenFed wasn't THIS complicated. Smiley Indifferent 

I hope things work out well for you amercnchopz34

Message 29 of 41
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@visor I believe that is his goal but the reality is the BK is twarting any real attempt at prime cards for him at this time. Better to plan out your future moves while INQ's are gone and BK is off so a new slate is there for him.

Thank Visor and LS..

Yeah that is the goal to try and get a card with a higher limit and then be able to shred the cap 1 and HSBC 's of the world .......IT does not have to be prime as in 9.9 or below just competitive with maybe  a 0 % for 12mos....something with a CL high enough to offset the Utilization on the other cards that I would be droping

...Then I can sit in the garden and let the other cards I have age a bit till BK drops off...

thanks for all your input ..

Its really appreciated .......Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.