cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit union that does not pull Chex System for Savings?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Credit union that does not pull Chex System for Savings?

I am interested in which credit unions do not pull ChexSystem for opening a savings account?

I have PenFed already but they are very strict with there loan applications, to many people getting denied with 720+ scores.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit union that does not pull Chex System for Savings?

@keikdasneak wrote:

I am interested in which credit unions do not pull ChexSystem for opening a savings account?

I have PenFed already but they are very strict with there loan applications, to many people getting denied with 720+ scores.

Thanks

Most will do Chex Inquiries from the onset and simply open the savings without denial unless you apped for a checking. Stanford Federal CU in Palo Alto is one.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I want to open a savings account with AllIANT. But would they denie me for savings only?

Message 3 of 9
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

I want to open a savings account with AllIANT. But would they denie me for savings only?

You can check online and simply apply for a savings only, and allow the docs to come, etc. The only kicker is if they deny you outright, but just simply applying ofr a savings should not hurt. Pretty sure they will do a chex inq regardless, but just open a savings w/o any type of ATM access.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pushto700 wrote:

@keikdasneak wrote:

You can check online and simply apply for a savings only, and allow the docs to come, etc. The only kicker is if they deny you outright, but just simply applying ofr a savings should not hurt. Pretty sure they will do a chex inq regardless, but just open a savings w/o any type of ATM access.

If that was Alliant we are talking about, applying for a savings account will result in a hard on EQ and a chex check.

Message 5 of 9
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Yeah that is exactly what i was thinking. I don't want a pointless inq.

Message 6 of 9
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I got a checking & savings account with Navy FCU and they didn"t pull chex on me>

Message 7 of 9
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I can't join that CU... Smiley Sad  anything else?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's not a CU but Suntrust does not pull Chex I know this from personal experience LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.