Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne & Capital One - Closed!

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: CreditOne & Capital One - Closed!

@oldman87

I think we all have our favorite and least favorite credit card companies. Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

I think we all have our favorite and least favorite credit card companies. Smiley Very Happy
I actually like Discover who has been good to me in our first 3 months, but I read they're bottom feeder on the Discover CLI thread so it must be true.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

I actually like Discover who has been good to me in our first 3 months, but I read they're bottom feeder on the Discover CLI thread so it must be true.

I don't think Disco is as much of a bottom feeder, as much as they've just been outdone by companies like Cap1 and NFCU on the approval amounts and CLI fronts, respectively. Discover has been very good to me in my rebuild, but it is hard to not start thinking they haven't been when NFCU kicks down a huge, lump sum CLI where Disco has only kicked down a third of that through multiple CLIs and over 3 times slower. Probably not the right place to post this, but I've been thinking about how Disco seems to be falling out of people's graces lately, but I think it's just death by impressions and comparisons. Smiley Happy Video killed the radio star! Oha, oha! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, now you got me singing thatSmiley Wink Good thing i got my 80's fix last week when i watched The Wedding SingerSmiley Happy Reminds me, i gotta put me on some Dodgeball nowSmiley Wink

Oh, and yeah i agree with your Discover thoughts. We really shouldnt complain if we dont get all those big fancy clis we fell in l9ve with hearing about but like Geico, its what we do. Smiley Wink "Hitting the luv button could get you 3k in 2 seconds or less....or a big fat no soup for you "Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, now you got me singing thatSmiley Wink Good thing i got my 80's fix last week when i watched The Wedding SingerSmiley Happy Reminds me, i gotta put me on some Dodgeball nowSmiley Wink

Oh, and yeah i agree with your Discover thoughts. We really shouldnt complain if we dont get all those big fancy clis we fell in l9ve with hearing about but like Geico, its what we do. Smiley Wink "Hitting the luv button could get you 3k in 2 seconds or less....or a big fat no soup for you "Smiley Wink

Ha! I was just thinking earlier I should have chosen "Julia Gulia" as my myFICO screen name! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ah man, your last name is Gulia, Juila is going to be Julia Gulia.Thats funny. Why's that funny?....Lol

Whats the mile high club? Smiley Wink

Too bad his friend didnt whip out a Capital One card, to save the daySmiley Wink.

Lol, " keeing on topic" anyone know how old is Capital One, or when did they start giving cc's?
Message 16 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ah man, your last name is Gulia, Juila is going to be Julia Gulia.Thats funny. Why's that funny?....Lol

Whats the mile high club? Smiley Wink

Too bad his friend didnt whip out a Capital One card, to save the daySmiley Wink.

Lol, " keeing on topic" anyone know how old is Capital One, or when did they start giving cc's?

Since we pretty much let our first class passengers do anything they want...

On July 27, 1994, Richmond, Virginia-based Signet Financial Corp (now part of Wells Fargo) announced the corporate spin-off of its credit card division, OakStone Financial, naming Richard Fairbank as CEO. Signet renamed the subsidiary Capital One in October 1994. The spinoff was concluded February 28, 1995, making Capital One fully independent. At that time, Capital One was a monoline bank, meaning that all of its revenue came from a single product, in this case, credit cards. - Wikipedia

Message 17 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
Good riddance!

Called yesterday to close my CreditOne card and to also close one of my two, Capital One cards.

CreditOne was surprisingly easy.

Spoke to just one CSR who tried to take away all fees for 7 months. I politely declined and asked him for a confirmation # and a letter stating that my account was now closed.

Capital One was also easy.

One CSR and, as expected, no offer to keep me as a customer.

Feels great to be in a place to actually get rid of bottom feeders who do not care about my loyalty as a customer.

Never thought I'd be in this position. 🎉🤸🏼‍♀️

Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
Good riddance!

Called yesterday to close my CreditOne card and to also close one of my two, Capital One cards.

CreditOne was surprisingly easy.

Spoke to just one CSR who tried to take away all fees for 7 months. I politely declined and asked him for a confirmation # and a letter stating that my account was now closed.

Capital One was also easy.

One CSR and, as expected, no offer to keep me as a customer.

Feels great to be in a place to actually get rid of bottom feeders who do not care about my loyalty as a customer.

Never thought I'd be in this position. 🎉🤸🏼‍♀️

Right on!!!

Message 19 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks K, very interesting . Great opening lineSmiley Wink
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.