Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne and CapitalOne Reviews?

tag
athan12
Contributor

CreditOne and CapitalOne Reviews?

I've been getting a lot of mail from credit card companies saying that I've been pre approved for their credit cards. I assume that's a good thing because they see how I manage my credit card.

I just got a mail from CreditOne that I got pre approved for a Platinum card, and I also got a mail from CapitalOne that I got pre approved for their Platinum Card. I just want to here from this forum what are the reviews for these two companies, CapOne and CreditOne.

Starting score as of 12/2012: EQ 570
Current score as of 02/2013: EQ 619

Current scores as of 06/2014:
EQ: 640
TU: 650
EX: 655

GOAL: 700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CreditOne and CapitalOne Reviews?

Credit One?  I wouldn't mess with them unless you have no other choice.  High fees and low limits.

Cap1?  They have multiple tier cards.  Some are better than others.  But I believe the one you got in the mail was a rebuilder card.  If you're in that stage, it might not be a bad idea.  But if you're past that into better cards, I wouldn't bother.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Never had Credit One before, however I DID get their pre-approval crap in the mail once.. threw it away. Capital One is a decent company.. got their card in the Summer with a limit of $500 and I've never had issues with them.. now they have these "deals" going on if you use your card at certain places.. but it's never places I go to. 

Message 3 of 4
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@athan12 wrote:

I've been getting a lot of mail from credit card companies saying that I've been pre approved for their credit cards. I assume that's a good thing because they see how I manage my credit card.

I just got a mail from CreditOne that I got pre approved for a Platinum card, and I also got a mail from CapitalOne that I got pre approved for their Platinum Card. I just want to here from this forum what are the reviews for these two companies, CapOne and CreditOne.

without knowing your approximate current score, i would only get the creditone if that's your only option...like shogun mentioned, cap1 has different tiers depending on your credit worthiness...as from experience, i had creditone and just closed them a few months ago...it did it's purpose, but the fees and paid CLIs was just too much...cap1 i've been very happy with thus far (1 orchard converted...1 platinum card).

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.