Contributor
athan12

CreditOne and CapitalOne Reviews?

I've been getting a lot of mail from credit card companies saying that I've been pre approved for their credit cards. I assume that's a good thing because they see how I manage my credit card.

I just got a mail from CreditOne that I got pre approved for a Platinum card, and I also got a mail from CapitalOne that I got pre approved for their Platinum Card. I just want to here from this forum what are the reviews for these two companies, CapOne and CreditOne.

Starting score as of 12/2012: EQ 570
Current score as of 02/2013: EQ 619

Current scores as of 06/2014:
EQ: 640
TU: 650
EX: 655

GOAL: 700
Shogun

Re: CreditOne and CapitalOne Reviews?

Credit One?  I wouldn't mess with them unless you have no other choice.  High fees and low limits.

Cap1?  They have multiple tier cards.  Some are better than others.  But I believe the one you got in the mail was a rebuilder card.  If you're in that stage, it might not be a bad idea.  But if you're past that into better cards, I wouldn't bother.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Contributor
killer_queen229

Never had Credit One before, however I DID get their pre-approval crap in the mail once.. threw it away. Capital One is a decent company.. got their card in the Summer with a limit of $500 and I've never had issues with them.. now they have these "deals" going on if you use your card at certain places.. but it's never places I go to. 

Valued Contributor
djc1puno

athan12 wrote:

I've been getting a lot of mail from credit card companies saying that I've been pre approved for their credit cards. I assume that's a good thing because they see how I manage my credit card.

I just got a mail from CreditOne that I got pre approved for a Platinum card, and I also got a mail from CapitalOne that I got pre approved for their Platinum Card. I just want to here from this forum what are the reviews for these two companies, CapOne and CreditOne.

without knowing your approximate current score, i would only get the creditone if that's your only option...like shogun mentioned, cap1 has different tiers depending on your credit worthiness...as from experience, i had creditone and just closed them a few months ago...it did it's purpose, but the fees and paid CLIs was just too much...cap1 i've been very happy with thus far (1 orchard converted...1 platinum card).

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}