Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne on fire!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditOne on fire!!

@mikelo22 wrote:

That crescent loop shape next to the "One" really looks familiar to CapitalOne's same logo design. Borderline Trademark infringement if you ask me. That could easily confuse a less sophisticated consumer, especially since both are involved in subprime.

I'll agree with your "Stealing Cap-1's logo" comment - ripoff, however I have to disagree that Cap-1 is subprime . . . they have moved into a different territory as of late -- I would not call my Venture card (Initial SL 10k, now 18K with CLI) sunprime plus my APR is ludicrous 30% APR, I have a decent 11% and - not the best but NOT subprime at all.

Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

That crescent loop shape next to the "One" really looks familiar to CapitalOne's same logo design. Borderline Trademark infringement if you ask me. That could easily confuse a less sophisticated consumer, especially since both are involved in subprime.

I'll agree with your "Stealing Cap-1's logo" comment - ripoff, however I have to disagree that Cap-1 is subprime . . . they have moved into a different territory as of late -- I would not call my Venture card (Initial SL 10k, now 18K with CLI) sunprime plus my APR is ludicrous 30% APR, I have a decent 11% and - not the best but NOT subprime at all.

Capital One runs two very different ships.

Message 12 of 60
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 60
skimmie48
Regular Contributor

Way to go!

Message 14 of 60
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

Oh, no, you're absolutely right. CapOne is also a prime lender too. I only meant to say that they are also involved in subprime, which increases the risk of consumer confusion b/w CreditOne and CapitalOne's logos since they both service very similar customer bases.

Like Nixon said, CapitalOne is very diversified in the credit market.

Message 15 of 60
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I'm a Bucs fan and this reminds me of the time a forum member on one of the fan sites I go to burned Jon Gruden's book because he hated him so much. He took pictures and posted them as well, I guess burning something is the ultimate way to show your dissatisfaction with something Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good decision to that scam of a credit card..

Message 17 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's time to say farewell to this beast of a card. I thought I'd burn them a little without harming my credit, just like they burn me on charges and fees. 

Burning card fee: $9.99

Account $0 balance fee: $12.99

Annual fee: $99

Online access fee: $10

Fee for having fees: $4.99

Not having to pay anymore fees, priceless.

There are some things money can't buy, but for everything else, there's Mastercard. 

RIP 10/14 - 4/15

Yeh, BURN BABY BURN!!!

I can never understand why someone would even add this card (on the side of desperation) to their credit portfolio???

They charge ridiculous annual fees, the APRs are made for the devil AND they keep you hostage by leaving you with peanuts to spend on the card.

More people need to sign up for this forum to keep them away form predatory credit card lenders like Credit One --- ummm - the FAKE Capital One logo company -- ripoff to say the least. Smiley Frustrated

BURN THAT SUCKER TO SMITHEREENS!!!

OH how I wish that I have signed up for this place earlier but too late I already have them in my wallet! HAHA Gonna just let it sit around while my two new capital ones grow and once they get a bump in my limits I will say buh bai to Credit One and that other monster in my wallet.

Message 18 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

I'm a Bucs fan and this reminds me of the time a forum member on one of the fan sites I go to burned Jon Gruden's book because he hated him so much. He took pictures and posted them as well, I guess burning something is the ultimate way to show your dissatisfaction with something Smiley Happy

Burn Burn BURN!!!  After finishing finished my second semester in college, we went to the campus book store to sell or attempt to sell our books back.  I was only offered an insulting $5 for my Calc 2 textbook, that I spent roughly $150 on roughly 16 weeks prior.  I scoffed and told the poor bookstore employee that I'd get more enjoyment out of burning the dang thing.  She laughed and said that was funny and probably didn't realize I was serious until I picked that textbook back up from the pile of books I was agreeing to sell back and left the store.  Textbooks take a really long time to burn... Cat LOL

Oz

Message 19 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OH how I wish that I have signed up for this place earlier but too late I already have them in my wallet! HAHA Gonna just let it sit around while my two new capital ones grow and once they get a bump in my limits I will say buh bai to Credit One and that other monster in my wallet.

I definitely want to see a thread from you when decide to burn that FP card.  I too wish I had found this board BEFORE signing up for a FP card.  Merrick wasn't too bad, but FP and Credit 1 are the Devil.

Oz

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.