Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne on fire!!

tag
dgates01
Valued Member

Re: CreditOne on fire!!

I will be closing mine after I transfer the balance to a 0% APR card that's being mailed. I've heard it's hard to close this card. Gotta jump through a lot of hoops. My annual fee is actually a monthly charge of around $8. So even when there are no charges, I still have to make a payment to them each month.

Capital One Classic $750 / Fingerhut $1750 / Walmart $1000 / Discover $4500 / Capital One Quicksilver $3000 / Barclays $1500 / Amazon Visa $1000 / Amazon Store $900

EQ:682 (4/15) EX:706 (4/15)
Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats the process on closing this card? My balance is currently at $3.42 I want to make sure that I close it properly and not get hit later on with some type of hidden fee...

Any suggestions?

Message 42 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgates01 wrote:

I will be closing mine after I transfer the balance to a 0% APR card that's being mailed. I've heard it's hard to close this card. Gotta jump through a lot of hoops. My annual fee is actually a monthly charge of around $8. So even when there are no charges, I still have to make a payment to them each month.

It's not that hard to close this card. Just make sure that you pay WHATEVER the 'balance' states to reflect $0. I had a small balance on mine which included there annual fee and which I paid off in full. When I first called in to cancel the card a month, I asked for a CLI in which they could not give me. My CL at the time was $700 and I then requested to close the card. She transferred me to a supervisor who then tried and got the same results. He then offered me a $100 statement credit as a courtesy to keep me as a customer. I said what the heck and left it open. Called back 2 weeks later and asked to close the account. The lady on the phone tried again for a cli, yet again got denied. She was quick to close me out and didn't offer a supervisor. She asked me like 5x if I was sure and to which I replied, "I am absolutely positive!".

Good luck and get out of this card. I only got it out of desperation during my early rebuild state. Now I have a few other cards from much better lenders with no stupid over the top fees. But like others mentioned, they are designed to screw you over and set people up for disaster. I've never heard of a CC company charging interest on items from the day you purchase it, so there is absolutely no grace period, f'kn ridiculous!

Message 43 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

whats the process on closing this card? My balance is currently at $3.42 I want to make sure that I close it properly and not get hit later on with some type of hidden fee...

Any suggestions?

Pay your account in full. Make sure you are not between statements and that there are no pending transactions. Call to verify your balance, pay it off, then call to close it out. If you are at a $0 balance, they cannot hold you hostage! 

Good luck and keep me posted on the outcome.

Message 44 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I am glad I just checked my account...just saw this on the creditone website:

Current Balance$1.65

Minimum Payment Due$1.65
Payment Due Date05/13
Make a payment

I can't believe they literally snuck in a $1.65 charge. I'm going to overpay by $5 lets see what happens.

04/18/2015 CONFIRMATION: You authorized a one-time payment in the amount of $1.65 from your Bank Account ending in ****. This will post to your Credit One credit card account on 04/19/2015. Your funds will be available by 04/26/2015. Your reference number is 

Message 45 of 60
dgates01
Valued Member

Thanks Turkey! Hopefully it will be easy for me to close mine. Just got a 3K approval for Quicksilver and a 4.5K approval for Discover. So I'm slowly moving into REAL credit card territory.

Capital One Classic $750 / Fingerhut $1750 / Walmart $1000 / Discover $4500 / Capital One Quicksilver $3000 / Barclays $1500 / Amazon Visa $1000 / Amazon Store $900

EQ:682 (4/15) EX:706 (4/15)
Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my statement was made, my payment due date says 4/22 total balance of the card was $98.42 I actually was planning on keeping a low balance so I paid $95 leaving me with that $3.42

Just now, I paid it completely off and I'm sure it'll take awhile to post.

Since you said not to close in the middle of the statement, when do you suggest I call to close? Should I wait a few days after after the due date of 4/22 to see if they charge me anything else? 

Message 47 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow. So you closed the account and was still able to log in to pay that off? PLEASE do come back and tell us what happens. Ill be calling in to cancel once i see my balance at 0

Message 48 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's time to say farewell to this beast of a card. I thought I'd burn them a little without harming my credit, just like they burn me on charges and fees. 

Burning card fee: $9.99

Account $0 balance fee: $12.99

Annual fee: $99

Online access fee: $10

Fee for having fees: $4.99

Not having to pay anymore fees, priceless.

There are some things money can't buy, but for everything else, there's Mastercard. 

RIP 10/14 - 4/15

Congratulations!!! It feels good to graduate onto bigger and better credit cards. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

That crescent loop shape next to the "One" really looks familiar to CapitalOne's same logo design. Borderline Trademark infringement if you ask me. That could easily confuse a less sophisticated consumer, especially since both are involved in subprime.

I'll agree with your "Stealing Cap-1's logo" comment - ripoff, however I have to disagree that Cap-1 is subprime . . . they have moved into a different territory as of late -- I would not call my Venture card (Initial SL 10k, now 18K with CLI) sunprime plus my APR is ludicrous 30% APR, I have a decent 11% and - not the best but NOT subprime at all.

They do both. Which I think is really smart. They can graduate with their clients. As our credit improves, so does the products they offer. Cap 1 did make it's bones as a subprime lender. 

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.