Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditinform

tag
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

Creditinform

Is it worth my time to enroll in creditinform in capital one. According to the captial one website it's free for card users, but when you got the creditinform website it says it costs. Plus I've also heard capital one got in big trouble for insuating this service was free and that in offered more than it did.

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditinform

I like my service.  The credit report is updated quarterly, the reps are trained very well... FAKO score updated monthly, and an amortazation ability.  Not bad for FREE.  I have had my secured card for a year and never been charged for mycreditinform.com membership.  Call them, set it up, they send the packet out to you, and while they're on the phone talk to them about what they offer. 

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 30
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

which credit report do they claim to have?

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 3 of 30
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

When I had my Cap1 card about two years ago, I had to call them to activate the service. There's no way to enroll on the website.

They sent my a big envelope with the information I needed to sign up for the service. 

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 30
ali5541
Valued Member

I quite like this service. My first credit card was their secured master card and this service is free for as long as I have 'that' card. I get a monthly score and credit update in addition to a quarterly score and credit update. However, referencing one of the user above, I am pretty sure that it is not the FAKO score. Credit Inform pulls EX and my Ventage from EX is 740. The score I have is 638 which is more in-line with my EQ 639 and TU 654.

Just my two cents, if you can enroll in it, do it. That is one of the limited ways you can get your EX FICO.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 5 of 30
dcal
Valued Member

Let me see if I understand you correctly, Capital one's Creditinform may possibly provide EX Fico. I do not have the creditinform but if this is true I would so think is  worth it to have a capital one credit card despite the CLI factor. I did receive a increase this month, but it was for only a 100 dollars. But I have had the CC since 5/2011. So 15 months so far. They initiated it, so I guess I should be grateful for small strides. This would be so cool if it is true and maybe many people would stick around if they provided the Experian Fico for its customers. I imagine they would bring in a ton of business, new and old. Just a thought. I will look into this further.  Thanks!

Starting Score: TU 572,EX-578,EQ-539 1-1-2014
Current Score: TU98-591, EQ-582, EX-595 (1-17-2014)
Goal Score= EQ- 760, TU- 760 EX- 760
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 30
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

I think it is worth it -- it is FREE!  It pulls an Experian report, but uses FAKO scores.  The information is helpful when used to compare items across credit reports.  Scores are updated monthly and are given with an analysis of your credit file.  The most valuable feature of Credit Inform is the Credit Analyzer.  It lets you experiment with different scenarios/simulations to see how you can make the biggest impact on your score.  Keep in mind, however, the scores are not FICO.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 7 of 30
ali5541
Valued Member

trix, are you sure it is not FICO? I do have credit inform and I pulled my credit score using freecreditreport.com / freecreditscore.com and I got my ventageplus (FAKO) score which was 740. Correct me if I am wrong, but is FAKO the ventageplus? If it is, than I am pretty sure that the score I get from Credit Inform is my FICO. I have a score 638 which falls in-line with my TU and EQ (check my sig). I am pretty confident this is my EX FICO. Also, check the screen shot, the max score is 850, isn't the max ventage score 990?

mycreditinform credit score

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 8 of 30
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Scores are FAKO -- Read the small print under the disclaimer "CreditXpert Inc. is not connected in any way to Fair Isaac Corporation; the CreditXpert Credit Score is not a so-called FICO® score. CreditXpert Inc. does not represent that CreditXpert Credit Scores are identical or similar to any specific credit scores produced by any other company. Moreover, score changes predicted by CreditXpert products are only estimates."

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 9 of 30
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I just got my Fico score from Amex after being approved for a BCP and not getting the best rate.  My creditinform score is the exact same as my Amex Fico 774.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.