Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditinform

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Creditinform

lol secured card.......................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 21 of 30
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

I would pass, and it definitely costs.

Message 22 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It's free if you enroll with your secured card, costs money to register otherwise I think. 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have it on ours, and it's $5.99 a month. That service, and the capital one card in general, are about to die.

Message 24 of 30
beenjammin
Valued Member

I received my enrollment package in the mail. It includes some information about the service, a login ID for the website, and a credit report and score. The report is Experian and the score is provided by CreditXpert. The booklet states that the report and score will be updated and mailed out every 90 days. By registering at creditinform.com the user can receive monthly report and score updates.

Message 25 of 30
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

I love the service. Its free. I get a monthly updated score and a breakdown of what is helping and hurting my score. I have a secured card from Capital One since June 2012. 

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 26 of 30
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

It's only free for secured card holders. Other members (unsecured card holders) would have to pay $8.99 a month for service. Not worth it for a quarterly FAKO score. You can get your FAKO score (all 3) every 30 days from DIscover for $9.99 a month. A much better deal IMO.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 27 of 30
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditors

I love the service and my friend has it free with secured card as well. Her creditor and lender pulled for a mortgage Experian score was the same. Yes it states on there website that it is NOT a FICO score but since I know people personally that showed me it matches there true fico score. I am going to use the free service. Someone suggested I pay for a FAKO. No I get my Transunion and Equifax FICO score from myFICO score. I have creditsesame free which is also a FAKO score and the score is close to my Credinform score. And will continue to monitor my Experian report through Creditors until it is close to my goal and allow a mortgage lender to pull it and see my true FICO score. I still find the service very help as it gives me a free credit report monthly and they sent me the score and report for me to have a physical copy.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I juist canceld my subscription to "mycreditinform" because the scores they were reporting did not match the scores creditors were using to determine credit worthiness.  Also, the report on 60 minutes shows this whole industry is a mess and there is no inexpensive way to fix errors on your credit report. I agree that the issue of identity theft is certainly worth viligence and the credit report is an important tool but based on my experience (and confirmed by the 60 min report) there is no way to fix what happens when your identity is stolen.

Message 29 of 30
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

CreditInform ( the free version ) gives you a monthly look at the accounts being reported.  Score is not FICO, so only useful from a relative point of view..

One very odd thing.   For 2 months, you get a monthly report at beginning of month which is up to date.   Then on 3rd month, you get a quarterly only on the 15th or so, which shows what was reported on the 1st of the month.   Definitely not a service I would pay for..

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.