Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditone free CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditone free CLI

Just noticed a luv button upon login. I clicked and was offered a FREE cli of $250 and approved! Current CL $2000.

I have never seen a luv buttonHeart anywhere on the page. Anyone else get this?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditone free CLI

No but I sure wish that would happen to me. Where did you see the luv button? I just looked everywhere. Maybe I'm not eligible. 

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put $800 spend last week and and a big banner at the top read " accept a credit line increase click" something like that this week. This happened after I declined an offer for a new creditone mastercard offer on the log in page too. 

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just logged in and declined the new card, but got a free CLI for $200 as well.  I just called them yesterday to try to pay ahead on my monthly fee so that I can have it report $0 and they wouldn't let me.  Surprised they didn't say anything about it yesterday, or maybe me saying that I wanted it to be a $0 balance is what prompted the CLI...

Message 4 of 30
rprisco
Regular Contributor

The worst card ever, they serve a purpose and wish I could ditch them too, not until September. anyway, I declined the 800 MC and a couple weeks later got an auto cl from 450 to 800. I could care less they wont let me prepay the AF, before statement cuts to assure that card will never report a balance I push the payment from checking account, that creates an effective overpayment that prevents a balance from reporting.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is definitely a terrible card, however I am glad that I had it when I needed it!  Once I close on my house, that one will be gone ASAP!  Good idea on using the checking account to make the payment, I'll make sure to do that!  

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They could give me a 5000 dollar CLI and I would still be closing it in March.

No grace period, high annual fee (forced to pay in monthly installments)... yeah get out of my wallet.

I am only waiting until March to get a full year worth of history out of the tradeline and then KABOOM.

Same with Indigo.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The down side is you would lose predatory lending from your credit mix.
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand what AF everyone talks about. My card doesnt have one. Or maybe it did. But its not monthly. Ill hAve to check n see. 

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people have the 75 1st year 99 subsequent year AF.

Credit One has like 40 different combinations, but most people have the no grace period, 25 APR, insane AF on a sub-500 CL card getup

Whats worse is the after 1 year AF is divided into 12 payments of like 8 bucks and they charge it monthly so your card can NEVER have a zero balance.

Its terrible.  If you are a lucky one and got a no AF card with a grace period, this card is no worse than any other subprime out there, not as good as quicksilver (its only 1 percent cashback vs 1.5)

Once youre out of "poor" credit into fair, Credit One is silly to have (unless you are one of the aforementioned lucky folks without the AF and grace period BS)

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.