cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor did NOT Validate within 30 days.

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Creditor did NOT Validate within 30 days.

For My Sister:

Dear XXX XXXXX

Thank you for your letter rec. by our office on March 8, 2011, regarding the above file.  Below please find verification

Date Verified JUNE 23, 2011

Amount of Debt:  Balance $856.33

Creditor:  Ge Money Bank

~~~~~Request for validation was March 8, 2011.  Letter is dated June 23, 2011.  That's over 90 days!!!  What is the next step?

Thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Creditor did NOT Validate within 30 days.

LAWYER!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get more answers to this question in the Gereral Credit Topics Forum.

Best of Luck!!

Message 3 of 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I believe there's no requirement to validate within 30 days, it's just that if they don't validate within 30 days they have to cease all collection activities until they validate.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fishbjc wrote:

For My Sister:

Dear XXX XXXXX

Thank you for your letter rec. by our office on March 8, 2011, regarding the above file.  Below please find verification

Date Verified JUNE 23, 2011

Amount of Debt:  Balance $856.33

Creditor:  Ge Money Bank

~~~~~Request for validation was March 8, 2011.  Letter is dated June 23, 2011.  That's over 90 days!!!  What is the next step?

Thanks!!!!

Stan_The_Man is correct, of course.

Under the FDCPA, no CA is obligated to respond.  The only thing they have to do is no attempt to collect until they do.

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@stan_the_man wrote:

I believe there's no requirement to validate within 30 days, it's just that if they don't validate within 30 days they have to cease all collection activities until they validate.

The only exception to this is if you live in the great state of Texas. Then a CA must answer a DV within 30 days.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

The only exception to this is if you live in the great state of Texas. Then a CA must answer a DV within 30 days.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I wish Texas would teach the US government how to do that.  I've always thought it underhanded that a CA doesn't have to respond to a DV and can just sell the debt to an endless stream of other CAs. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.