Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cristian Community Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cristian Community Credit Union

A couple years ago it seemed like everyone was applying for this card with some very good luck, I was in my BK at the time and they told me no... Anyone deal with them lately?

Are they BK friendly

How high of a score do you usually need to get approved?

still pulling EX?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cristian Community Credit Union

oops, always forget to switch e-mail accounts after I buy my score!

Anyway, I tried to search for posts from before and none come up? I know lots of people were applying for this 2 years ago, where did chat go?!

Message 2 of 5
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have been  a member of CCCU for the last 18 months.  I had always paid cash for things for the past 15 yrs or so, except for my mortgage,  thinking I was  doing the right thing.   However,  when I went to apply for a credit card on a whim, I found out I was a bad credit risk because I didn't owe anyone a dime, other than my mortgage. After finding this site,  and learning about CCCU, I applied for a secured cc with the understanding that they would unsecure it within 9-12 months.  I secured the card with $1,000.   I called about  9 nine months later and was told   at that time, "oh, we don't unsecure the card until 12-24 months.  So, I just called a couple of weeks ago, after about 18 months, and I get the, "oh, we can't unsecure the card unless you re-apply to see if you qualify".   At that point,  I closed my checking and savings accounts of 5 figures and said goodbye to them.  IMO, they can't be trusted,  and I make it a rule not to deal with people who don't keep their word.    I am sure others will swear by them,  and that is fine, but they are not for me.    I would rather deal with company's like US Bank, who has extended me unsecured credit  lines in the mid 5 digits. They treat me well and I use their cards exclusively.  Hope this little bit of info helps you some.  Hope others will chime in on CCCU.  Good luck in your search. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

All Secured cards that I know of require a hard pull to graduate to unsecured, they may not tell you or word it differently from "you must apply for a new card" but it's all about the same.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I have mixed emotions with them.  I joined up with them a couple years ago (2 1/2 I think) and liked them at first.  Customer Service seemed friendly the two times I talked to them, interest rate was good on the card with a fixed rate, etc.  Fast forward to about a year ago when I called to ask for a CLI.  The rep barely spoke english and didn't know ANYTHING about the process.  She told me I had to re-apply for an entirely new card, which didnt make any sense at all, so I called back the next day.  That time I got someone else (who also barely spoke english), but she input my request over the phone and said I'd hear from them within 10 days.  Wow, that's a long process!  Two months later I hadn't heard anything and assumed it was dead, then signed on to my account and got an online message offering to raise my CL by $1,000.  Ironically, that happened to be on my 18 month anniversary with them.  Go figure. 

i ALSO got a notice in the mail a few months back that they were changing the way the assigned interest rates on accounts and would begin using a credt-based formula to determine what interest rate was assigned.  They gave a spread with a minimum and maximum rate that may be assigned based on each person's individual credit score.  Ironically there, too, my rate never changed and they later said my rate was fixed at the same rate it had always been.  The rep I talked to about that seemed totally oblivious to the letter that I received.  To date, though, my rate hasn't changed, so who knows.

Overall, Im just not sure about them.  They've not done any AA against me, but they just don't seem to be on top of it either.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.