cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my plan

tag
jpritche

Critique my plan

Hey guys, I have learned a lot from this site and first want to say thank you.

I am 21 and a senior in college. I will be graduating in May so I want to make sure I have everything in check before then.

My Transunion Fico is 697. Ex and EQ are unknown.

My current lineup is as follows:
Discover it- Dec 2012- 337/2000
Chase Freedom - Oct 13- 2688/3500
Citi forward - Oct 13 - 979/2500
Barclaycard - Oct 13 - 655/2000
Victoria secret(for girlfriend) - 0/500
Truck loan through ally - $25k

All the cards are 0% for at least 6months more, some until Jan 2015. The discover is 17% but it is treated as a charge card. I pay it off every Sunday.

As you can see the overall uti is 40% because of Christmas shopping and my week in Nashville for the CMAs. I have money to pay off all of these cards at any time if I so choose, however I may only pay half the balance and carry some of these balances for a month or two since I won't be applying for any credit for a while. May be a bad idea but it's 0% interest.

Also the truck loan will more than likely be paid off by Dec 2014. Is this a bad idea or should I keep it open a little while longer(~6 months) to have a bigger variety of TL.

I am a full time student so my current income is only $40,000

When I graduate in May my salary gets bumped to $60,000 for 10 weeks as interim pay and then to $70,000 afterwards.

I have 10 inquiries, most of which is from my truck loan and my app spree in Oct.

No baddies.
Aaoa is like 3 months
Total History is 11 months

I have a discover, a visa, and a MasterCard therefore my next objective is an Amex.

My plan is to garden until June when I graduate and my income is bumped up and then apply for an Amex PRG or a BCE.

Sorry for any mistakes this was all typed from my phone. Thanks for everything guys!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Critique my plan

I would garden for a little while, get those scores into the 700's.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I like your plan.

When is the last time you checked with Discover for a SP cli?

also every 6 months you can ask for sp cli on victoria secret right online also.

I would however apply for an American Express Gold Rewards Charge Card before the end of the year to lock in your 2013 Backdating and then in 6 months or about June as you were thinking go after your Blue Cash Preferred.

Message 3 of 8
jpritche

Discover gave me a CLI in September. Amex denied me in Oct though so I am afraid they will deny me again.
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex denied you for a charge card?
Message 5 of 8
jpritche

Yeah because of too many recent inquiries. I tried to recon but no luck. Maybe I just got the wrong person on the wrong day...
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh then wait if it was inq.
,don't think you can really recon Amex charge denials usually
Message 7 of 8
jpritche

Yeah it would've been another hard pull so I declined to have the "recon"
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.