Regular Contributor
Justn

Crown Jeweler's R.I.P.

[ Edited ]
Crown Jeweler's was deleted from my TU report today. I guess this is the end for CJ.
Message Edited by Justn on 07-09-2009 03:17 PM

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
GFer

Re: Crown Jeweler's R.I.P.

I had read that was going to happen. I just pulled my tu and it's still on there. (for now)

1/28/14 EQ 817, (6/30/14)EX 821, TU 817 on 6/13/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
tray

Hi, tell me this is not so, no more reporting on any credit agency from crown jewelers, if this is the case that business will definitely go downhill.  And I guess for me will have to app'd for Kay Jewelers now.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Frequent Contributor
lessons_learned

It was such a good rebuilder card.  Oh well, I guess all things must come to an end.
Where I was 8/22/08 TU 581 EQ 554 EX 615
Where I am 7/30/09 EX 737 (FAKO) EQ 689 TU 745
Can't wait to see what my scores will be when all my accounts hit the 1 year mark!
Frequent Contributor
74king

I can't say I'm sorry too hear this as they were selling bogus tradelines, or shall I say selling cheap despicable jewelry and offering a tradeline with it in exchange for a small deposit before they report too the credit bureaus. Which is not above board

Trust me they (Crown Jeweler's) is not "Resting In Peace" They are in Hell right now.

King

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Valued Member
AZravens

Does C.J. "drop off" automatically, or is this a company-wide happening?

Pulled my TU this AM, still reporting.  If it doesn't report, then what's the poiint of this arrangement?  Oh well, it's kept my supply of Fossil watches pretty steady.  20 and counting....

Is Kay's an easy/sleazy credit account?

Valued Member
AZravens

Correction on above post.  Credit line still open, $2500 limit.  For past 3 months, ND in the TU spaces.

Is this what you're talking about?  Does the OPEN/$2500 still count towards total available credit?

What's the verdict:  Close account or let the open credit limit help utilization?

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

AZravens wrote:

Correction on above post.  Credit line still open, $2500 limit.  For past 3 months, ND in the TU spaces.

Is this what you're talking about?  Does the OPEN/$2500 still count towards total available credit?

What's the verdict:  Close account or let the open credit limit help utilization?

ND = "No Data"

Once the TL falls off your credit report the CL will no longer count toward available credit. As long as it reports on a particular CBR it does count. If this TL was improving your ultilization once it falls off you will take a score hit. I would not bother closing it. Let them close it whenever they get around to closing the hundreds of thousands of accounts that go dormant because of this fiasco.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+