Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jeweler's R.I.P.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crown Jeweler's R.I.P.

Crown Jeweler's was deleted from my TU report today. I guess this is the end for CJ.
Message Edited by Justn on 07-09-2009 03:17 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Crown Jeweler's R.I.P.

I had read that was going to happen. I just pulled my tu and it's still on there. (for now)

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, tell me this is not so, no more reporting on any credit agency from crown jewelers, if this is the case that business will definitely go downhill.  And I guess for me will have to app'd for Kay Jewelers now.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was such a good rebuilder card.  Oh well, I guess all things must come to an end.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't say I'm sorry too hear this as they were selling bogus tradelines, or shall I say selling cheap despicable jewelry and offering a tradeline with it in exchange for a small deposit before they report too the credit bureaus. Which is not above board

Trust me they (Crown Jeweler's) is not "Resting In Peace" They are in Hell right now.

King

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does C.J. "drop off" automatically, or is this a company-wide happening?

Pulled my TU this AM, still reporting.  If it doesn't report, then what's the poiint of this arrangement?  Oh well, it's kept my supply of Fossil watches pretty steady.  20 and counting....

Is Kay's an easy/sleazy credit account?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction on above post.  Credit line still open, $2500 limit.  For past 3 months, ND in the TU spaces.

Is this what you're talking about?  Does the OPEN/$2500 still count towards total available credit?

What's the verdict:  Close account or let the open credit limit help utilization?

Message 7 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Correction on above post.  Credit line still open, $2500 limit.  For past 3 months, ND in the TU spaces.

Is this what you're talking about?  Does the OPEN/$2500 still count towards total available credit?

What's the verdict:  Close account or let the open credit limit help utilization?

ND = "No Data"

Once the TL falls off your credit report the CL will no longer count toward available credit. As long as it reports on a particular CBR it does count. If this TL was improving your ultilization once it falls off you will take a score hit. I would not bother closing it. Let them close it whenever they get around to closing the hundreds of thousands of accounts that go dormant because of this fiasco.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.