Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jewelers Email of Account Closure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crown Jewelers Email of Account Closure

They sent one to me today. I have heard they would normally send one and give you a month to make a purchase if you want to keep it open.

Hello STEFANIE

This is a courtesy notice that your account is scheduled to be closed on 01/31/2009. It is Crown Jewelers' policy to close accounts that have been inactive for more than six months. As there have been no purchases on your Crown Jewelers Account in over six months, your account will be closed on 01/31/08 and reported as closed to the Credit Bureaus in the next reporting cycle. If you wish to let this account close no action is necessary.

You do have the option to keep your Crown Jewelers Account open by simply making a purchase. Maintaining your existing Crown Jewelers Charge Account will allow you to:

1. Preserve and improve on any down payment upgrades you may have already established.

2. Continue to have your account reported to the major credit bureaus.

To help facilitate your purchase before the 01/31/09 deadline and keep your valuable Crown Jewelers Charge Account, we are including  the following discount coupons:

So, they do send the email, but it was in my junk folder. Smiley Happy   I will call and tell them I want to close it today. It did it's job and I can now feed it to the shredder.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crown Jewelers Email of Account Closure

Mine is still alive after 8 months, should get my notice anytime.  Just dont need them any more thou!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used mine 11-07 to purchase a small pair of earrings for my daughter who is forever losing them, so it was enough to get them to report and not a big deal if she lost them. I don't need the TL now, but they helped in the beginning.

Some have reported they don't send an email. Just wanted to show they do, just look in the spam folder.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it was good they did notify you. I wish all creditors would warn there customers before they just close your account.
Message 4 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have Kay / Jared which I did not use since I got them. I wonder if I should go buy some thing today for DW and DD and make them happy.
Message 5 of 14
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you wish to let this account close no action is necessary.

Let it close with a "paid/never late" status & it'll continue to be a great positive TL on your CR for 10 more years.  It will age as well, even when it's closed.  It just won't count against your utilization. 

Not bad to get a positive  $2,500 revolving credit line on your credit reports in exchange for overpaying for a cheap made in china silver ring.  We ordered the cheapest thing we could find for my wife, which was a made in china silver ring for $39.  This was a little before Christmas & it already shows on her credit report.  It sure beats all the subprime credit cards which give you a ridiculous $300 CL and charge you $150 in combined annual fees, and ridicuolus made-up "monthly servicing" fees.

I recommend you use them if you're rebuilding your credit, but make sure you pay with Paypal since there have been some reports of their website not being secure against packet sniffing.  If you pay with Paypal, that won't be an issue.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well it was good they did notify you. I wish all creditors would warn there customers before they just close your account.

So true. Plus they offered all those enticing discounts and coupons. Smiley Happy  Not even Amex did this when on the warpath.

I was actually waiting for them to send me this. 13 months of non-use, yes, certainly expected it to come.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
I have Kay / Jared which I did not use since I got them. I wonder if I should go buy some thing today for DW and DD and make them happy.

Concord, this is nowhere even close to Kay's or Jared's.

But, since Kay's is having a huge clearance it might be a good time to check them out. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark_in_Pasadena wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you wish to let this account close no action is necessary.

Let it close with a "paid/never late" status & it'll continue to be a great positive TL on your CR for 10 more years.  It will age as well, even when it's closed.  It just won't count against your utilization. 

Not bad to get a positive  $2,500 revolving credit line on your credit reports in exchange for overpaying for a cheap made in china silver ring.  We ordered the cheapest thing we could find for my wife, which was a made in china silver ring for $39.  This was a little before Christmas & it already shows on her credit report.  It sure beats all the subprime credit cards which give you a ridiculous $300 CL and charge you $150 in combined annual fees, and ridicuolus made-up "monthly servicing" fees.

I recommend you use them if you're rebuilding your credit, but make sure you pay with Paypal since there have been some reports of their website not being secure against packet sniffing.  If you pay with Paypal, that won't be an issue.

But if I call to cancel, then my reports will show closed by consumer, which upon a manual review may look a bit better. It will still report for 10 years since it is in good standing. Just that little statement that bothers some of us.

Message 9 of 14
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But if I call to cancel, then my reports will show closed by consumer, which upon a manual review may look a bit better. It will still report for 10 years since it is in good standing. Just that little statement that bothers some of us.

Ahah...great point.  Please update us and let us know if after you call to cancel, it shows as "Cancelled per customer request" on your credit report.  It'll probably take at least 30 days until their next monthly batch upload to the credit bureaus. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.