Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jewelers Threat!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crown Jewelers Threat!

Ok, So I just made my last payment on an over priced Fossil watch and at the bottom of my payment conformation it says:

@Anonymous Jewelers wrote:
You will be mailed a statement every month at the above address given by you or last address we have on file. However not receiving a statement does not exempt you from making your monthly minimum payment due every month. Not making a payment OnTime, each and every month, can adversely effect your credit rating. Crown Jewelers also reserves the right to repossess all unpaid merchandise without notice, if your account is delinquent. I agree that I have received a copy of the charge agreement and understand the terms of the agreement and promise to abide by its terms. I have read and agree with the CrownJewelers.com's return policy. Most orders are shipped within 2 to 4 business days. If your order cannot be shipped within 2 to 4 business days you will be notified via email.

Thats scary! How are they going to repo jewelry without notice? They must have supernatural powers.Smiley Surprised
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crown Jewelers Threat!

That's OK, most of it will disintegrate before you can default on it.Smiley Happy

CJ sells credit, not quality. Like Credit Won and a couple others, they are basic re-building blocks and should not be expected to be useful for long if you are having success at your goal.

I agree it would be interesting to see how their repossession process works. Do they send you an envelope? LOL

Edited because my spelling sux.

Message Edited by contractor on 09-04-2008 08:56 PM
Message 2 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Fossil does make a darn nice watch!!!! 

Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Don't ever make a late payment with them if you value your wallet.  My first $25 payment was due 8/29 and I completely forgot about it (I never received any reminders either).  I logged on today to make the payment, and I was charged a $25 late payment fee.  My account balance was only $33 so the late fee nearly doubled my balance!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fishbjc wrote:
Fossil does make a darn nice watch!!!! 

Smiley Wink

Agreed, probably their best product line but I would check their pricing against the Internet. Random check found the same watch they want $154.00 for at $116.00. Paying dearly for that credit.

Edited because my spelling sux

Message Edited by contractor on 09-05-2008 05:25 PM
Message 5 of 10
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I really wish this guys didn't provide me with such a good opportunity to lower my utilization, because they are REALLY making me angry otherwise.

You will see in my post above that I got nailed with a $25 late fee for being 4 days late on my very first monthly payment.  I never received any reminders and just plain forgot.  FYI...apparently you have a 3 day grace period before the $25 is added on.

Now, to make matters even worse, they called me at my place of employment today demanding last month's payment.  I work in an office where everyone else can here my phone conversations since we are in cubicles and any calls that come in are on a central line where the company name shows up on the ID.  I explained 4 times that I already made my payment but the CSR kept saying, "Sir, would you like to make your payment by phone?" (which has a huge fee as well by the way).  Then, I would tell him again that I made my payment and he would say "I need you to make your payment right now" and this just kept on going before he finally listened to what I was saying.  It's a good thing there is nothing in their catalog that I would actually want, cuz they won't be getting any more business from me unless I need to buy the cheapest thing available again down the line to keep the acct open.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not received my first month bill i was told they are due at the end of the month i'm still waiting on mine.
Message 7 of 10
n2win
Regular Contributor

You can go to their website and check your account, it will show your payment info.

My little purchase is almost paid off, I only remember getting one bill, or maybe that was the card??

Pretty sure I didn't get a bill for the first payment due, just went to the website and paid via Paypal...

I love managing everything online Smiley Happy
Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Message 8 of 10
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Scary, I haven't even received a statement from them yet!!!
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

n2win wrote:
You can go to their website and check your account, it will show your payment info.

Might just do that if i don't get a bill by the end of the week i'm just gonna make a payment online.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.