Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Crown Jewelers deleted from my transunion report

Hi, everyone I just checked my TU report and this tradeline is gone also, although for the good it did not affect my score still at 713 but I still owe $86.00 with Crown Jewelers my next statement I am going to pay this off and be done with them for good and this company is going to lose tons and tons of business.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, its gone......I'm guessing they'll come out with an official statement soon just like they did with Experian. My score actually dropped 11 points.....
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw mine is gone too.  Not sure how long it's been off my reports, but I checked my TU yesterday and no CJ.  I don't think it affected my score.  My score has gone down, but I did have a bit of an app spree in May.  I was dinged for seeking credit.  Oh, well, CJ was selling crappy overpriced jewelry to take advantage of those that needed to repair credit.  I was thankful for the CJ account, it was instrumental in getting my grown-up lines of credit.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess there are several threads that some mod is going to have to merge....LOL.

Mine is also gone, no ding in score, but util jumped up 2-3 points.

Message 15 of 18
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

You can find other threads on this topic below:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=169441&query.id=124007#M169441

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=166581&query.id=124049#M166581

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=166566&query.id=124049#M166566 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking back on my credit building experience, I can honestly tell you that the best thing anyone can do right now is find yourself a nice bank/credit union and open up a nice secured credit card. Trust me, the $500-$2000 [obviously more is better] that you have saved up in a bank while you R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-L-Y use your credit will pay in dividends.

In the almost two years I have had credit, I only use it primarily to pay bills and groceries. Only time I go outside of that is when I have to pay for something unexpected, and even then I do that in such a way where I can pay it off in full by the end of the month. So far, BOA and Barclays have not made a dollar off me due to interest. It is my hope that trend continues.

I will still agree though that while CJ was a good "hookup" to those who were credit-challenged, you can "hook yo'self up" with a secured credit card if you are sub-600. My current scores as of today is 703 TU and 694 EQ (694....well I can take heart that I will definitely be 700 with those two by the end of the year....) EX I have no clue until I apply for a mortgage again, but I already have too many INQS. MY PLUS score is 713 on EX though....but who knows what that means in real life.

Regardless, it took me well over a year and a half just to get to this level from sub-600 land. I'm pretty much in credit-maintenance mode now. CJ for me has done it's job.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent an email to CJ to find out what was the latest on their Transunion credit reporting and this was the response:

We are investigating the reasons behind why our credit line have been
deleted from the TransUnion credit bureau. We have placed calls and left
messages for TransUnion and still have not received a phone call back from
them. We think this issue can be resolved quickly and will report your
account back when we report to TransUnion the first week of this month.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Crown Jewelers, Inc.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.