Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jewelers deleted from my transunion report

tag
masseye
Contributor

Crown Jewelers deleted from my transunion report

I can't believe they just deleted the acct from my CRs.  Thank goodness it was only a few months old....$  2500 TL....gone..  Thats just not right...
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crown Jewelers deleted from my transunion report

There was a thread over on another board about how they removed it from EX in June (they stopped reporting to EQ a while ago). I didn't know they stopped reporting a TU as well. I just pulled mine and it is still showing on TU. Maybe give them a call and see what's up?
Message 2 of 18
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

same

score dropped 13 points

had 1+ year history

Message 3 of 18
let
Regular Contributor

same thing happened to my TU report. I called CJ and the guy I spoke to said he had no idea why it was not getting reported and that had several people calling them and that he had called TU and they were supposed to call him back.

I decided to call TU myself, didn't get much help  very rude lady, after everything I still never got an explanation,but she did say" mam we call no one back" when I told her that CJ said that they were waiting on TU to call them back. I lost points too

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly it was stated in a prior thread on here that the Credit Bureaus were not reporting Crown Jewelers Credit Lines anymore as they felt thet were not valid.

Perhaps someone can post a link to the prior thread.

Message 5 of 18
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I remember correctly it was stated in a prior thread on here that the Credit Bureaus were not reporting Crown Jewelers Credit Lines anymore as they felt thet were not valid.

Why would they do that? I thought their entire business modle was arranged around having paying clients ( merchants ) report the payment histories of their customers?

Other than EX & TU getting together and decided to wax CJ off because they are easy points for people with bad credit and to keep those files suporessed in order to charge them more interest.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lajntx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would they do that? I thought their entire business modle was arranged around having paying clients ( merchants ) report the payment histories of their customers?

Other than EX & TU getting together and decided to wax CJ off because they are easy points for people with bad credit and to keep those files suporessed in order to charge them more interest.

As I understood the prior thread, it seems CRA's felt that Crown Jewelers was

basically using credit limits as an inducement to people to buy junk jewelry at inflated prices and still have large credit lines reported.

It seems that they thought this was not a legitimate granting of a credit line (for reporting purposes) so have decided not to report them.

I am sure others can explain it better.

Message 7 of 18
Red22
Contributor

Mine was deleted also.
Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's GONE too............

Kris

Message 9 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Gone for me too! No score change yet though. In my case its ok as I was not going to use the card anymore anyway. For what it was it did help my utility but I've brought it down far enough that it won't matter if its gone.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.