Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jewelers...hmmm any more like it?

tag
RichieNY
Contributor

Crown Jewelers...hmmm any more like it?

Crown Jewlers and First Premier have really helped me re-establish my credit

Are there any other credit sources such as CJ who do not do a credit check BUT await a deposit before they report?

Anyone else similar to CJ?

Thanks guys I know I have been a pain the past few days, but honestly I have more questions then I do input

Message Edited by RichieNY on 02-08-2009 02:26 PM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Crown Jewelers...hmmm any more like it?

Kay's pulls credit but they seem to be VERY EASY to get.
Message 2 of 17
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Kay's is good =part of the Sterling Trifecta
Message 3 of 17
RichieNY
Contributor

I heard Kays was good

BUT unfortunately I don't think I should waste an inquiry....I just raised my scores to around 600, and I have a lot of baddies (2 Chargeoffs and 5 collections from 2004)

That's why I was asking if anyone knew of anything like crown jewelers because crown is really helping me out with getting some positive history

Message 4 of 17
RichieNY
Contributor

I applied for the KAY card after the app process they asked me a series of security questions to verify my identity

then I got this:

"Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days. "

Message 5 of 17
oracles
Valued Contributor

That may not necessarily mean you are decline however as I have stated in previous responses to your posts, you really should work more on cleaning your report than applying for credit cards. Today's times are very difficult in obtaining new credit. Scores needed to obtain new credit have increased. You are doing more damage than good to your score since these inquiries are decreasing your score.

I hope you do not take this offensively, i am only trying to help.

Get better scores and a better report and then apply for good cards.

Message 6 of 17
arjames01
Contributor

I agree with oracles on this. I think personally I would continue establishing good payment history etc, before apping for anything else.

11/2013- EX 690, EQ 763, TU 694
01/2015- EX 781, EQ 775, TU 777

Chase Freedom $7500, AMEX BCE $6000
Message 7 of 17
RichieNY
Contributor

Thanks for your responses guys

Believe me I have been cleaning it up.. In the past 3 months I have went from 500 to 600 (FICO)

I started out with 2 chargeoffs and 5 collections

I have gotten one chargeoff from 04 removed because it could not be verified

I have established 2 new accounts: first premier and crown jewelers....i want to establish ONE more account before I stop lol

thanks

p.s. that is why I asked if anyone else was similar to Crown jewelers

Message 8 of 17
oracles
Valued Contributor

@RichieNY wrote:

Thanks for your responses guys

Believe me I have been cleaning it up.. In the past 3 months I have went from 500 to 600 (FICO)

I started out with 2 chargeoffs and 5 collections

I have gotten one chargeoff from 04 removed because it could not be verified

I have established 2 new accounts: first premier and crown jewelers....i want to establish ONE more account before I stop lol

thanks

p.s. that is why I asked if anyone else was similar to Crown jewelers

If you really want one more card then i would advise you to get a secured card from a CU or B of A. B of A card will unsecure in 9-12 months. It will help your credit report and score and you will have a card with the big boys after 9-12 months.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 9 of 17
RichieNY
Contributor

thanks oracles, I will take your advice

called KAY jewlers: "due to such a short history with Crown Jewelers we cannot approve you at this time try back in a few months"

Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.