Reply
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


katk9 wrote:
Ex has stopped reporting CJ accounts in good standings, but I'll bet a dime to dollar that they will report accounts in negative standings.

 

If anyone defaults a CJ account, no lie, they should not have any credit from anyone. Period. The whole idea with CJ is to buy whatever garbage for cheap you want and just pay it off immediately. You're not trying to keep a balance with CJ. Plus, the deposit they make you pay is pretty much what it cost them to get the item you want to buy....so they never lose (in theory), but you sure as hey do.
Frequent Contributor
74king
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


AboveAverage wrote:

74king wrote:
I hope it's a blessing in disguise for everyone. Having to pay for that cheap overpriced garbage, just to maintain a tradeline, it's dispicable. Crown shame on you for this.:smileymad:

My friend, NO ONE put a gun to either my head, or anyone else's to get a CJ account. At the time, my credit was crap and all CJ wanted was $25-$50 every 9 to 12 months. That is hardly a reason to denigrate CJ. People knew the deal going in. I needed something, they had it but was going to charge a tiny payment.

 

Yes it was a scam, but it was a scam for our benefit, not against it. Now, if they're just going to only report to TU, then it will hardly be worth keeping them, then. Thankfully, I still have my real Sterling accounts.

 

All the same, I think CJ provided a very decent hookup. $2500 credit line to just anybody?! C'mon......who can beat that? Well when I applied, it was $1500...still though.


denigrate.......STOP IT What you call a decent hookup...........what is that...street slang for a deal. Experian and Equifax see that as less then legitimate. What i stated were facts, if that is denigrating Crown Jewelers then so be it. All they had to do was offer LEGITIMATE credit lines, prices and reporting and none of this would be happening. Now that would be a "decent hookup", as you would say.

 

King

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian

denigrate.......STOP IT What you call a decent hookup...........what is that...street slang for a deal. Experian and Equifax see that as less then legitimate. What i stated were facts, if that is denigrating Crown Jewelers then so be it. All they had to do was offer LEGITIMATE credit lines, prices and reporting and none of this would be happening. Now that would be a "decent hookup", as you would say.

 

King


Listen, I believe I have shown that I have a reading level above the third grade, plus I am not ashamed to say that I grew up in an urban area. Now that we have that settled, let's continue our discussion and I will spare any comments about suburbs, farms or other rural areas.

 

For people (like me) who needed a 4-digit limit to the left of the decimal point, CJ was not a bad deal when my mid score was like 576!. Hell, if it weren't so expensive to start up (and I have looked into it), I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING and make sure all you guys knew about it and have a lot of customers.

 

There was nothing "illegitimate" about CJ that was bad for us, and unless you work for a bureau, I don't understand why you're so onery about this. I have since moved on to bigger and better credit. I am nearing 700 club in all my reports. I would dare say a good reason for that is because of CJ. I am above 700 in TU. (compared to 596 2 years ago).

Frequent Contributor
74king
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian

[ Edited ]

AboveAverage wrote:
denigrate.......STOP IT What you call a decent hookup...........what is that...street slang for a deal. Experian and Equifax see that as less then legitimate. What i stated were facts, if that is denigrating Crown Jewelers then so be it. All they had to do was offer LEGITIMATE credit lines, prices and reporting and none of this would be happening. Now that would be a "decent hookup", as you would say.

 

King


Listen, I believe I have shown that I have a reading level above the third grade, plus I am not ashamed to say that I grew up in an urban area. Now that we have that settled, let's continue our discussion and I will spare any comments about suburbs, farms or other rural areas.

 

For people (like me) who needed a 4-digit limit to the left of the decimal point, CJ was not a bad deal when my mid score was like 576!. Hell, if it weren't so expensive to start up (and I have looked into it), I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING and make sure all you guys knew about it and have a lot of customers.

 

There was nothing "illegitimate" about CJ that was bad for us, and unless you work for a bureau, I don't understand why you're so onery about this. I have since moved on to bigger and better credit. I am nearing 700 club in all my reports. I would dare say a good reason for that is because of CJ. I am above 700 in TU. (compared to 596 2 years ago).


I'm not going to get into the weeds with you on this.......You try selling that story to Experian or better yet...Equifax or even better.....all those people who bought all that overpriced merchandise to recieve a tradeline only to have it disappear overnight. Sell your story to them..see if they buy it. Because I'm not buying.....oh and for the record I currently live and grew up in the city as well or Urban areas as you stated.

 

The difference is, where a person lives or grew up does not have anything to do with using proper english when speaking, just something for you too remember. As for the other item's you spoke about, I won't bother to comment.

 

King

Message Edited by 74king on 06-11-2009 05:05 PM
Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian

Whoa, everyone, settle down!

More than a few members of these forums used CJ to help dig out back in the day. Pretty much everyone knew what it was, and accepted the deal. I don't see that much difference between them and the scummy CC issuers who charge about as much in fees as they extend in credit.

So it appears that the CRA's are starting to refuse to report these types of accounts. This is very useful info for those in complete scramble mode, and I for one appreciate OP posting this.

I see no need for all this yah-yah-yah'ing. Please don't make a mod lock the thread.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


74king wrote:
I'm not going to get into the weeds with you on this.......You try selling that story to Experian or better yet...Equifax or even better.....all those people who bought all that overpriced merchandise to recieve a tradeline only to have it disappear overnight. Sell your story to them..see if they buy it. Because I'm not buying.....oh and for the record I currently live and grew up in the city as well or Urban areas as you stated.

 

The difference is, where a person lives or grew up does not have anything to do with using proper english when speaking, just something for you too remember. As for the other item's you spoke about, I won't bother to comment.

 

King

Message Edited by 74king on 06-11-2009 05:05 PM

You won't go into the weeds with me, and that is probably a good thing, and I won't bother explaining that my use of urban colloquialisms has nothing to do with the fact that I'm incapable of using "proper english" (which, if we're going to split hairs about it, at least recognize  that "English" is a proper noun and therefore, should be capitalized...especially if you're going to INSIST that it should be used because you don't like folks sounding "street".)

 

With that said, I have said what I am going to say. If CJ is gone, which looks like it is according to the EX backdoor and CCT and if it's gone for good, then I, personally, have nothing to cry about. All I am saying is that Crown Jewelers had helped my EX and TU scores and I will make NO apologies for it. I was able to obtain credit cards, an auto loan and a mortgage (as well as a refinance a few months later) in a sooner time than I normally could have.

 

I can't be the only one who feels this way and hopefully others who have had CJ can "back me up".

 

There is no reason for you to sound like a pompous [guy]. We can disagree and be still be civil at the end of the day.

Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


haulingthescoreup wrote:
Whoa, everyone, settle down!

More than a few members of these forums used CJ to help dig out back in the day. Pretty much everyone knew what it was, and accepted the deal. I don't see that much difference between them and the scummy CC issuers who charge about as much in fees as they extend in credit.

So it appears that the CRA's are starting to refuse to report these types of accounts. This is very useful info for those in complete scramble mode, and I for one appreciate OP posting this.

I see no need for all this yah-yah-yah'ing. Please don't make a mod lock the thread.

 

LOL...hauling, I'm cool, and I hope you see I was from my last post. (I was replying when you wrote this... :smileyhappy: )
Frequent Contributor
74king
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


AboveAverage wrote:

 

There is no reason for you to sound like a pompous [guy]. We can disagree and be still be civil at the end of the day.


Don't turn this around on me.....you started this Mr. "decent hookup" Oh and you were correct about the E on English.....a minor mistake on my part.
 King
Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Frequent Contributor
74king
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


haulingthescoreup wrote:
Whoa, everyone, settle down!

More than a few members of these forums used CJ to help dig out back in the day. Pretty much everyone knew what it was, and accepted the deal. I don't see that much difference between them and the scummy CC issuers who charge about as much in fees as they extend in credit.

So it appears that the CRA's are starting to refuse to report these types of accounts. This is very useful info for those in complete scramble mode, and I for one appreciate OP posting this.

I see no need for all this yah-yah-yah'ing. Please don't make a mod lock the thread.

Everythings fine Hauling... And I do see your point.

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian


74king wrote:

Everythings fine Hauling... And I do see your point.



Then let it go, please. Or this thread is going to take a dirt nap.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}