Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Crown Jewelers no longer on Experian

I just hope they keep showing up on TU.  My TU report is the only one that matters anymore since everyone in my area pulls TU.  Also, my CapOne CO from 6 years ago that has racked up $4000 in fees is now up to a $6000 balance and this IS included in my UTL on TU (not EQ or EX for some reason).  Therefore the $0 balance, $2500 CL is very important for me--even with that, my UTL is showing as over 100% due to my limited credit.

Is CJ a "shady deal" in favor of the consumer?  You betcha, which is why you will not hear me saying anything negative about them (it's not because I like my stainless steel rings, that's for sure).  The CRA's, CC's, and other creditors have more than enough "shady deals" going on in THEIR favor, so I am not going to feel the least bit guilty about my CJ TL.  EX is especially guilty of having shady deals in place to make the consumer feel like a piece of crap and eliminating CJ from their reports just goes to further advance that sentiment.  As AboveAverage said, I don't see any reason to get ornery about CJ unless you work for a CRA or a creditor that deals with borderline credit.  Since I am neither, I will just have to enjoy the facts that CJ is still on TU and that no one I deal with pulls EX.  Of course, everyone else is free to feel different, but can't we all just get along Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 51
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

A question.....When was the last time anyone bought anything from CJ?  I ask because I got notice in may that my account was going to be shut down due to inactivity becuase I hadn't bought anything in over 6 months, and sure enough, the account is gone from EX.
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 32 of 51
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea the same for me...its gone gone gone! My credit limit is still the same...2500!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thankful for CJ.  I've been screwed by 1st Premier in the past.  Reporting fee, annual fee, maintenance fee, my $300 limit was less than $100 by the time I even received the card.  There was a fee for an extra card, even a fee to increase my limit.  CJ was great to help me rebuild last year.  I bought a watch, made the down payment, made 3 or 4 payments and it still reports on my EX & TU as positive tradelines.  It helped me bring my TU to 764 and my EX to 730.  I now have a $10k limit from NFCU, even though they only pulled EQ.  CJ provided a service, not much different than Orchard, 1st premier, Credit one and other companies that are for rebuilding.

But that's just what it's for rebuilding.  If you are serious about rebuilding, buy something relatively cheap from CJ and make pymts for a few months and move on to better cards....period.

Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

CJ is no longer on my EX report.  Received email from CJ to purchase something by 6/30 or acct is closed.  Don't know if I want to purchase anything since they are not showing on EX.  TU is normally my lowest score.  I wonder what will happen to my score once they close the acct and I lose the CL.
Message 35 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

E-mail from CJ today.

To All Valued Customers:

Due to many calls from our customers to our company regarding Experian not reporting their accounts, we decided to send emails to all of our customers describing the problems our company is having with Experian.

We submitted our data to Experian for month of May 2009 in the first week of June 2009 as we normally do.  Experian emailed us back declaring Experian received the data from our company.  After receiving many calls regarding our accounts not being on Experian credit report, we called Experian and told us they will no longer accept data from us and refused to provide us with a reason over the phone. 

We have engaged our legal department to resolve the issue with Experian as quickly as possible.  It looks like it will take some time to get the situation fixed as it seems a lot of the communication between our company and Experian have to be done by mail.  Unfortunately, we don't expect our company’s accounts to appear on your Experian credit report anytime soon.

Please note that we strongly believe that consumers should have the right to have their good payment history reported on all credit bureau reports so all creditors can make a more informed decision and we will try our best to resolve the issue and pursue every reasonable effort in rectifying this matter. 

We hope the issue will be resolved soon and will not have any answers for you until we have some written response from Experian.  We would appreciate your patience and not calling us regarding the issue with Experian as we will notify all of our customers by e-mail any updates regarding this matter. 

As of now your accounts are still being reported to TransUnion.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
denigrate.......STOP IT What you call a decent hookup...........what is that...street slang for a deal. Experian and Equifax see that as less then legitimate. What i stated were facts, if that is denigrating Crown Jewelers then so be it. All they had to do was offer LEGITIMATE credit lines, prices and reporting and none of this would be happening. Now that would be a "decent hookup", as you would say.

King

Listen, I believe I have shown that I have a reading level above the third grade, plus I am not ashamed to say that I grew up in an urban area. Now that we have that settled, let's continue our discussion and I will spare any comments about suburbs, farms or other rural areas.

For people (like me) who needed a 4-digit limit to the left of the decimal point, CJ was not a bad deal when my mid score was like 576!. Hell, if it weren't so expensive to start up (and I have looked into it), I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING and make sure all you guys knew about it and have a lot of customers.

There was nothing "illegitimate" about CJ that was bad for us, and unless you work for a bureau, I don't understand why you're so onery about this. I have since moved on to bigger and better credit. I am nearing 700 club in all my reports. I would dare say a good reason for that is because of CJ. I am above 700 in TU. (compared to 596 2 years ago).

The real problem with this type of account is that it is a "con" of the system.  They know what helps FICO and designed a product that people buy credit, not jewelry.  However, the apply for their subscriber account with the CRA's stating that they are a jewelry company that offers financing.

You mentioned in a previous post that they offer $1500 to $2500 to anyone without any verification.  This is exactly the point King was trying to make.  It is not a legitimate credit account.  The lender is not at risk and their core business is not financing or selling jewelry, it is selling and financing Tradelines.

Fraud, by definition, is to mislead with intent.  The CRA's, FICO and others design their products to report on the legitimate credit history and activities of consumers.  They state in their terms of service to subscribers what they require in order to report.

Crowne Jewelers did mislead the CRA's with intent, just as you have admitted.  This is a fraudulent activity.  And the fact that you would do the same might be something you should rethink.  The fact that something CAN be done does not mean it SHOULD be done, nor that it is ethical.

Selling credit is akin to a ponze scheme.  They claim to sell a product, but in fact they are not.  It's all a smoke screen designed to fool the credit community.

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The real problem with this type of account is that it is a "con" of the system.  They know what helps FICO and designed a product that people buy credit, not jewelry.  However, the apply for their subscriber account with the CRA's stating that they are a jewelry company that offers financing.

You mentioned in a previous post that they offer $1500 to $2500 to anyone without any verification.  This is exactly the point King was trying to make.  It is not a legitimate credit account.  The lender is not at risk and their core business is not financing or selling jewelry, it is selling and financing Tradelines.

Fraud, by definition, is to mislead with intent.  The CRA's, FICO and others design their products to report on the legitimate credit history and activities of consumers.  They state in their terms of service to subscribers what they require in order to report.

Crowne Jewelers did mislead the CRA's with intent, just as you have admitted.  This is a fraudulent activity.  And the fact that you would do the same might be something you should rethink.  The fact that something CAN be done does not mean it SHOULD be done, nor that it is ethical.

Selling credit is akin to a ponze scheme.  They claim to sell a product, but in fact they are not.  It's all a smoke screen designed to fool the credit community.

EXACTLY........Glad I'm not alone. 

King

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never posted here before, but I just have to comment on this:

"Oh and you were correct about the E on English.....a minor mistake on my part."    King

King, you make so-called "minor mistakes" in (almost) every post! Whether it's using the wrong form of a word or inserting apostrophes where they don't belong, there are MANY mistakes. You really shouldn't be so arrogant.

Christina
Message 39 of 51
n2win
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never posted here before, but I just have to comment on this:

"Oh and you were correct about the E on English.....a minor mistake on my part."    King

King, you make so-called "minor mistakes" in (almost) every post! Whether it's using the wrong form of a word or inserting apostrophes where they don't belong, there are MANY mistakes. You really shouldn't be so arrogant.

Christina

wut?

Smiley Surprised

Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.