Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crying :(

tag
stevenngu92
Contributor

Re: Crying :(

Like others said, don't worry about it you can always fix the util next month. side story:  when i got my first card i thought that every month i was supposed to report under 10% util, but thanks to everyone at myfico i found out that only the current month matters and it doesn't keep a history of your util. That was such a relief to me as i was worrying constantly about being under 10% and praying that my payment cleared before my statement cut. Nowadays i tend to not worry about util unless i'm going to app soon.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 11 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

If you do not apply for new credit and you did not go with high util on all of your cards there is nothing to worry about. Your score will get a drop but hey  you do not need  to show your best scores all the time. Best of all Fico has no memory. Whatever your drop is for that reason you will get back on your next reporting 0 balance. On the other hand this reporting and PIF can be beneficial for a CLI Smiley Happy ... so don't sweat about it.  I was testing high util for 1 month, zero the next and repeated  and all the sudden my lowest card increased 2 x in 3 months from 2,5K to 7,5K. Not sure if that triggered it.

Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
Okay so... I am literally going to cry! 😭
My bill generated yesterday and I thought it was supposed to generate today :/ it generated at 60% utilization!

No need to cry.  Relax and breathe.  You can adjust your reported utilization next month.  What's the actual statement date and is it what you thought it was?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.