cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crzy LOV from BoA u won't believe this !!!!

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Crzy LOV from BoA u won't believe this !!!!

So I have 3 credit cards from BOA

Cash rewards- $8500 limit... 8499 balance
Acc Amex- $7500 limit...7300 balance
Plat - $10000 limit...9800 balance

Paid 16k the the 14th to pay the cards off and then charged 16,500 2 days later that's the 8499 and 7300 balance as of today. Also the 9800 is current balance as of right now...

Long story short the plat plus I had them convert it to a cash back, they have me a sig visa... I called in today yes I still owe 9800 on a 10,000 limit.. I asked them how the sig works and will It let me charge more than my limit... Rep said why I told her I need to charge 18k to buy stuff on blk Friday... My house got messed up with the hurricane so need to replace stuff. She said that the sig card approves charges on a case by case basis. She then said why dont u ask for a credit limit increase, I told her I just got one last month on a 3 cards for a total of 8500 Increase all on all cards..she said let me get in touch with a credit analyst supervisor she got me over to him he asked why I needed to spend so much and saw the payment history and usage...he said how much will u charge I said first off I'm making a payment Tom for 9800 to pay off the balance, and then I will charge 18k on Friday he said so let's try to see if we can give u 20k.... 5 mins later BAM 20k limit event bough balance is 9800 still.... I love Bank of America best bank ever !!!!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Crzy LOV from BoA u won't believe this !!!!

Only $20k? I expected at least $100k was extended. Congrats tho.

Message 2 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Paid 16k the the 14th to pay the cards off and then charged 16,500 2 days later that's the 8499 and 7300 balance as of today. Also the 9800 is current balance as of right now...

Long story short the plat plus I had them convert it to a cash back, they have me a sig visa... I called in today yes I still owe 9800 on a 10,000 limit.. I asked them how the sig works and will It let me charge more than my limit... Rep said why I told her I need to charge 18k to buy stuff on blk Friday... My house got messed up with the hurricane so need to replace stuff. She said that the sig card approves charges on a case by case basis. She then said why dont u ask for a credit limit increase, I told her I just got one last month on a 3 cards for a total of 8500 Increase all on all cards..she said let me get in touch with a credit analyst supervisor she got me over to him he asked why I needed to spend so much and saw the payment history and usage...he said how much will u charge I said first off I'm making a payment Tom for 9800 to pay off the balance, and then I will charge 18k on Friday he said so let's try to see if we can give u 20k.... 5 mins later BAM 20k limit event bough balance is 9800 still.... I love Bank of America best bank ever !!!!

That is awesome and congrats on the increase!!! I have a secured BOA card with a 2000 limit that i opened in May of this year....even though i have read some bad reviews about the bank from previous customers, i hope the card can grow with me and build a long history with them!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Awesome increase!

Message 4 of 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
 I love Bank of America best bank ever !!!!

I think they're more worried about pissing off hurricane victims to avoid bad press. BOA worst bank ever when you want to close their accounts and wants to charge you $12 after 13 years of being with them for a cashiers check, and rather have you walk out with 50k+ in cash.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

@dodgerslv wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:

That is awesome and congrats on the increase!!! I have a secured BOA card with a 2000 limit that i opened in May of this year....even though i have read some bad reviews about the bank from previous customers, i hope the card can grow with me and build a long history with them!

You got possibly the best secured card on the market. This card can grow along your entire credit history. Make sure to treat it well. I have only good things to say about my experience with BofA. 

Message 6 of 19
beb86
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Just a thought but if you charge that close to the limits and PIF each month you sound like a great match for an AMEX charge product.

Message 7 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@beb86 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:

Just a thought but if you charge that close to the limits and PIF each month you sound like a great match for an AMEX charge product.

I agree... pr gold or platinum for sure if you travel a lot.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

You only need 20k at my bank or a mortgage/heloc to get that waived (cashiers checks)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

So very sorry to hear about your troubles with Sandy, but so glad they were able to offer you some assistance.  Congrats

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.