Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csp Auto Cli?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Csp Auto Cli?

I've seen reports of it happening. Can anyone share experiences of what they did before getting it? I've only had the card 7 months, but I've never paid any interest, I've run the card up to 4700 recently after hitting it above 3k during various months and currently have it at 1k. About to pay it off Monday, but seriously... what do I need to do? I know I can move limits or do a hard pull, but I'd rather avoid that for now.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Csp Auto Cli?

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen reports of it happening. Can anyone share experiences of what they did before getting it? I've only had the card 7 months, but I've never paid any interest, I've run the card up to 4700 recently after hitting it above 3k during various months and currently have it at 1k. About to pay it off Monday, but seriously... what do I need to do? I know I can move limits or do a hard pull, but I'd rather avoid that for now.

I can't talk about the CSP since my initial credit line was high enough that I will never be maxing out in a single cycle. What I can say is I have gotten an auto CLI on my freedom card before and that came from heavy use and then PIF. You need to be using up most your credit line with Chase to trigger it in my experience. My ex got a large auto CLI but I think she ran a massive amount through the card in one cycle then PIF. Chase seems to give you a CLI if they believe you actually need it and you can pay it back. Also, be sure to optimize your entire credit report not just the one account. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My CSP SL was pretty decent when I was aproved back in 2012 so I think I only moved a bit from another card due to the amount of expenditures I was putting through it over time.  What I believe has worked in my experience (since I don't know what the secret formula would be), is a lot of spend through the card (in addition to my Chase overall relationship, CR/scores and income data, etc.).  This is still YEMV.  The last auto-CLI went from $18K to $26.5K this past November.  By the same token, Ritz has received 2 auto-CLI's since I've had the card (Dec 2014) + one that I recently initiated in November bringing it to $40K.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. Well I'm glad you guys got some cli(for your benefit and because there's hope for me) I think I don't have to change anything at all then from what I'm doing. I did just get a SW, so I thought above moving the limit over(since I'll never need it) but I don't want to do that until AFTER I hopefully get the auto cli(worried a movement will negate any pending cli)

Edit:my csp limit is only 5k so there's really only nowhere to go but up. =)

Message 4 of 6
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

My CSP SL was pretty decent when I was aproved back in 2012 so I think I only moved a bit from another card due to the amount of expenditures I was putting through it over time.  What I believe has worked in my experience (since I don't know what the secret formula would be), is a lot of spend through the card (in addition to my Chase overall relationship, CR/scores and income data, etc.).  This is still YEMV.  The last auto-CLI went from $18K to $26.5K this past November.  By the same token, Ritz has received 2 auto-CLI's since I've had the card (Dec 2014) + one that I recently initiated in November bringing it to $40K.

FinStar  what's your internal limit and have you maxed out with Chase or is there still more room to grow?  I'm at 79K with Chase right now. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my CSP, along with a Freedom, in july 2015. I was  approved for 5k on the CSP.  I had been using it for meals and parking meters but, never seemed to get above 300 after I got past the initial 3 months to get the miles. About 5 months in, my fiance and I decided to take a road trip to seattle for three days. We put almost everything on the CSP and it added up to about 1200.00. While I was sill on the trip they sent me an email offering to up my limit to 6500. I accepted. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.