Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curios AMEX Question Regarding This 'Autopay'

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Curios AMEX Question Regarding This 'Autopay'

I have heard many discuss what this was...getting declined the NPSL but getting a counter-offer for this $500 w/autopay.  What kind of scores, etc. does AMEX use do decide this, is it instant, all that jazz.  Just wanted a quick FYI on it.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Curios AMEX Question Regarding This 'Autopay'

@daveg38 wrote:

I have heard many discuss what this was...getting declined the NPSL but getting a counter-offer for this $500 w/autopay.  What kind of scores, etc. does AMEX use do decide this, is it instant, all that jazz.  Just wanted a quick FYI on it.

I think it has more to do about whats in your file than FICO score. I'm sure the score matters but not as much. I would say if your right on the 660 fence with some old derogs they may offer that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The counter~offer is instant at the time you apply for ZYNC. People have been counter~offered either $200 hard Limit or $500 hard limit ( w autopay ).

AMEX has their own scoring system which includes FICO and other factors, so it's hard to know what the criteria is. But many people who were counter~offered had negatives and/or collections showing on their reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 9
daveg38
Established Contributor

Ahh...so, if you dont get the counter offer instantly, you prolly won't get it...

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I'd say that's a safe assumption. I called after two denials asking about it and the CSRs claimed they didn't know such an offer existed. Another poster on here said it is more than likely counteroffered by the computer program only.
Message 5 of 9
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

My offer was instant
Message 6 of 9
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

What IS autopay?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

AutoPay means that you enter your bank account # with AMEX, you pay your account a few days after the statement cycle by having AMEX pull the money automatically out of your bank account.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

AutoPay means that you enter your bank account # with AMEX, you pay your account a few days after the statement cycle by having AMEX pull the money automatically out of your bank account.

You can enroll in auto pay at anytime, even if you have the NPSL card....  If you enroll in autopay, with the NPSL card, they will pull your payment on the due date, instead of a few days after the statement cycle.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.