Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curios about the CAPITAL ONE combining deal

tag
ErikaC1
New Contributor

Curios about the CAPITAL ONE combining deal

Sorry to bother you guys, I had a question, has anyone combined accounts yet and did that affect your cash limit or did it keep it the same for the card you chose to keep open? I have regular Platinum with a limit of $700 that has a cash withdrawal limit of $600. I want to combine this account with my Quicksilver One which has a limit of 2k with only $150 cash limit. 

I am hoping to never need that much cash out of a credit card but I was just curious to see if anyone had done it yet.

Thanks

New to the forum

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: Curios about the CAPITAL ONE combining deal

There's a huge thread discussing the combination of limits. I'm not sure if anyone has paid much attention to the cash limits, but it's best to ask over there.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I don't know the answer to this, but all of my Capital One cards have a cash limit that's 50% of my credit limit. I have never had to use it though, but I thought it was this way with all of their cards. Maybe certain cards have lower cash limits?

Message 3 of 7
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

It is a rather lengthy thread, but you might get the answer to your question here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Credit-Line-Consolidation/m-p/4113430#U4113...

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 7
ErikaC1
New Contributor

thank you all i'll try to sort throught it
Message 5 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

When I contact CO last year to raise my limit, the cash line stay the same, so I have 2QS 1.2K/10K and 4.2K/5K, I want to know what will happen if I combined these two accounts.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 7
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@noobody wrote:
When I contact CO last year to raise my limit, the cash line stay the same, so I have 2QS 1.2K/10K and 4.2K/5K, I want to know what will happen if I combined these two accounts.

@noobody: First you have to consider whether or not combining Cap 1 cards is still an option. At present, it does not seem so. Looks like the option was available for less than 24 hours. In answer to your question, what will happen as far as....what?

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.