Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious FOREGIN Purchases

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Curious FOREGIN Purchases

This is where a Cap 1 will shine ...no forex...but with the small limits not sure how far it would get you

Message 11 of 13
nyancat
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

This is where a Cap 1 will shine ...no forex...but with the small limits not sure how far it would get you

Capital One has that reputation on here, but I'm not really sure why. Look at my limits in my signature, Capital One is my second highest... and that was an instant approval with only the Citi cards before it. I just started adding more cards last fall. First Cap1, then Amex, then Discover. When Discover pulled my credit I had a 758 FICO (EQ) and only got a $1500 limit.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 12 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

Capital One has that reputation on here, but I'm not really sure why. Look at my limits in my signature, Capital One is my second highest... and that was an instant approval with only the Citi cards before it. I just started adding more cards last fall. First Cap1, then Amex, then Discover. When Discover pulled my credit I had a 758 FICO (EQ) and only got a $1500 limit.

Same here, but I think the bad rap for Capital One comes from those rebuilding or starting out.  Cap One gives this segment small limits (appropriately perhaps) but then don't increase (apart from maybe a few small steps) regardless of how much the credit rating has improved.  So you have people with 15K limits on newer cards, unable to get an increase from $750 on a Cap One card (without going to EO).

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.