Did you mean: 

Curious about Barclays "Prime" designation by some

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Curious about Barclays "Prime" designation by some

@Gollum wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I tend to think "prime" is very subjective. It more or less depends upon where one is in the credit journey. I've read excited posts about Amex Zinc approvals for $500 PSL and auto-pay. A $500 CL wouldn't feel prime but it's still a foot in the door with Amex.:

Basically, any card that grows with me is prime. That being said, I really only judge a card by it's utility, function, and how well it fits into my needs and spending habits. I have 6 cards that are pretty good.

Prime isn't important to me as a concept. CC companies are selling feelings, I ain't buying.

If they put actual hooters on Hooters cards, I'll take one regardless of limit. Smiley Happy

I think "prime" credit cards are offerred to those with good/excellent credit.

Not always the case. Someone with decent enough credit to get an Amex charge card can go platinum if willing to pay $450/Yr.

I have a Citi cash returns, didn't have great credit 4 years ago but they probably had low standards, LOL! At any rate, they started me off with a $2400ish CL, it has grown to $11,900. They have good customer service and give 1% back.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 71 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.