Did you mean: 

Curious about that Amex

tag
Jesster
Valued Member

Curious about that Amex

So here is my credit profile:

1 Kay card, opened 8y6m ago. Closed 6y ago for inactivity. Good standing 

1 CapOne Sec (600$) opened 6m ago. 2%util. Good standing (auto CLI soon, I hope)

AAoA 4y 5m

I got approved for the Green card, comes in this week. Other than having another TL on an otherwise anorexic file, how would this card help me? Also, would it serve to reopen the Kay card? Would I be better off trying for another revolver? Who put  the "Bomp" in the "Bomp bah bomp bah bomp?" Each of these questions weigh heavily on my mind.

According to MyFico (12/15/10) 

TU-756

EQ-665

Thanks for the assist.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Curious about that Amex

I definitely would not go for another department store / jewelry store card as your history proved that you don't really use it or need it and with your AMEX, you're beyond that store level.  Let the AMEX brew for about 6 months and give yourself time to think about it and see what NEW offers come along.  Papa um mow mow... papa um mow mow.

Message 2 of 5
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@Jesster wrote:

According to MyFico (12/15/10) 

TU-756

EQ-665

Thanks for the assist.

Wow, that's a big gap between your scores, any idea why?

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Jesster
Valued Member

Two old  med collections that I cant seem to battle on EQ. Smiley Sad

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 4 of 5
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@Jesster wrote:

Two old  med collections that I cant seem to battle on EQ. Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear that, hopefully they'll fall out soon. Your TU is great!

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.