cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Amex Cardmembers-New App Soft Pull?

tag
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Current Amex Cardmembers-New App Soft Pull?

I understand that currect Amex members gets only a soft pull if denied, and hard pull if approved, but do Amex "soft pull" your CR at the moment of the app or do they based their decision on a past soft pull that it is in their database? And will it still be a soft pull denied if you do not used the shorter app for card members (and are signed out)? 

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Current Amex Cardmembers-New App Soft Pull?

In my experience they use the last SP they have on their databases... and maybe thats why they HP your report when you get approved to make sure everything is fine... I'm not sure if you get the same outcome (getting a sp) by not using the pre-filled app when you're in your acc. I never have tried that but I guess it should be the same they might be able to match your ssn and other personal info with the one they have on their system
Message 2 of 3
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: Current Amex Cardmembers-New App Soft Pull?

Being signed out does not make a difference.  With your ssn they will identify you are a current cardmember

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.