cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Balance < Statement Balance. Which to Pay?

tag
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Current Balance < Statement Balance. Which to Pay?

Just want to make sure. I redeemed a large sign-up bonus after the statement cut so that my current balance is actually lower than statement balance. If I only pay the current balance (bring balance to 0), is there finance charge since I didn't pay the whole statement amount? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Current Balance < Statement Balance. Which to Pay?

@vwgrrc wrote:

Just want to make sure. I redeemed a large sign-up bonus after the statement cut so that my current balance is actually lower than statement balance. If I only pay the current balance (bring balance to 0), is there finance charge since I didn't pay the whole statement amount? Thanks!

100% of 0 is 0.

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@vwgrrc wrote:

No, there wouldn't be a finance charge

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 6
python0704
New Contributor

It's like a payment.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nope. You should be good.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you'll be fine!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.