Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current favorite credit unions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Current favorite credit unions?

It's a nice alternative to the Cap One cards for travel. If you want to apply, keep in mind that Addison Avenue pulls Experian.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a nice alternative to the Cap One cards for travel. If you want to apply, keep in mind that Addison Avenue pulls Experian.

Thanks Ulan.     I don't travel regularly, but I know I will some day and all of my ccs will charges Foreign Transaction Fees.   So, it will be nice to have a card like this one.   I never had any of Cap One nor Addison Ave (not a member) ccs.    How can I become a member at Addison Ave CU?   I can't find the information regarding the membership qualification on their web site.   Do I need to open the checking and saving, both accts with them prior to app for their Platinum VISA?   What score do I need?   Thanks.

Up-Date:

I just got off the phone with Addison Ave CU rep, and she was very patient with my questions.   Very nice customer service!

She walked through for me to the Financial Fitness Association web site to join their CU, and told me I only requires $5 to open the saving acct with them.   There is no monthly fees with saving acct and no requirement to have checking acct to app for their Platinum VISA.

I'm in too!!    Smiley Very Happy

I just signed-up for the Financial Fitness Association, became a member of Addison Ave CU by deposit $10 to Daily Saving Acct.   The next step is to app for their Platinum VISA ... may be in next May after my two inqs falls off.   And also, I most likely open-up the custodial acct for my child's future.

Message 12 of 25
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Does Addison Ave do a hard pull for membership? Is yes, I'm assuming its Experian?

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebostonredsox wrote:

Does Addison Ave do a hard pull for membership? Is yes, I'm assuming its Experian?

They softed Experian twice for my savings account when I became a member.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just signed-up for the Financial Fitness Association, became a member of Addison Ave CU by deposit $10 to Daily Saving Acct.   The next step is to app for their Platinum VISA ... may be in next May after my two inqs falls off.   And also, I most likely open-up the custodial acct for my child's future.

Nice to hear! One caveat is that Addison Avenue is just trying to merge with FirstTech, and they will change to the FirstTech name. FirstTech's credit cards suck (if you want 1% rewards, you have to pay $25). Let's hope they keep the Addison Avenue card.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice to hear! One caveat is that Addison Avenue is just trying to merge with FirstTech, and they will change to the FirstTech name. FirstTech's credit cards suck (if you want 1% rewards, you have to pay $25). Let's hope they keep the Addison Avenue card.

Waaaaaaaait .......   Is this a bad news?    like chase removed Wa-Mu Platinum privilege of FREE FICO Score?   This is nice Trick-orTreat candy for me.

Message 16 of 25
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One small thing is that the merger is already agreed to, the FT product line is very vanilla, so it is uncertain how the product offerings will be affected...but the agreement was sealed last summer.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One small thing is that the merger is already agreed to, the FT product line is very vanilla, so it is uncertain how the product offerings will be affected...but the agreement was sealed last summer.

The merger is not finalized yet, as the First Tech customers will have to say Yes to it. They will vote in November.

The Addison Avenue merger information claimed they would keep the best products of each CU. Of course, the didn't define "best". But as both CUs are roughly the same size, it's not the case that FT will have the say afterwards. They are supposed to keep the Addison Avenue CEO.

Message 18 of 25
lisbonic
Valued Member

Not sure how they compare nationally, but Northeast Credit Union has alwasy been a great place to bank and do personal loans with.  Been with them for over 10 years.

Here are their CC offers

http://www.necu.org/current-rates/visa-credit-cards.aspx

Message 19 of 25
chasmith
Valued Contributor

This is pure speculation, but I believe in fact Addison Avenue will be the real driver after the merger.  They are changing First Tech's charter and only First Tech's members have to vote, which tells me AA is the successor, whatever they are calling it.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.