Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut up V1, Kohl's, and AA

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Cut up V1, Kohl's, and AA

The Yes 2 You program is great to use in conjunction with a Kohl's card, because you can pile on the rewards coupons, Kohl's cash and the 30% discount you get. However it's not enticing to me anymore simply because I used to get 30% PLUS my 15% employee discount, sometimes 35% employee discount. But Kohl's is kinda subpar in terms of actual products
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 21 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Unless you go online and I hate online shopping. Lol
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but can anyone point me in the right direction on a thread that includes information on the different tradelines you should shoot for and advantages of doing so?  I understand having installment loans vs revolving accounts and such.  Not that I want any of them, but I am curious about Lowe's cards, Home Depot cards, Amazon, etc...aren't these all just revoloving accounts, does it make a difference in having them or are they just easier to get and that's why people have them?

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to hate shopping at department stores especially kohls. I always shopped at little botiques or bought my stuff online. Now I can't afford too because of the house consumes what was my clothing budget but I've actually been finding great things at kohls.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I can't afford Nordstrom lol

Message 25 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but can anyone point me in the right direction on a thread that includes information on the different tradelines you should shoot for and advantages of doing so?  I understand having installment loans vs revolving accounts and such.  Not that I want any of them, but I am curious about Lowe's cards, Home Depot cards, Amazon, etc...aren't these all just revoloving accounts, does it make a difference in having them or are they just easier to get and that's why people have them?

They're typically easier to get it, but you don't (IMO) want an abundance of low limit store accounts.

They don't make any difference as far as your score vs normal cards. They don't help or hurt any more than a low limit "regular" credit card would.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

And they don't "help util" either as is frequently parroted.
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its hard to say if many store cards make a prime cold app get a crappy limit. Plenty of members by reading sig's rock a 500 to 1ooo target with 6-10k on everything else. Since raising scores are everyones goals, hard to compare data points of closing a store card and more months have gone by on your good ones anway at the same time. ,
could trigger good fortune that's due anyway.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being responsible with credit triggers "good fortune"
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. But since we don't know all the metrics, it still feels like luck when scores are on the fence, thin file users vs decades of TL with a single baddie goes either way.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.